Im feeling like Michel de Nostredame today....my prediction

Guest Andys@coffs

Guest Andys@coffs

Today has been a frustrating day with only the type of good news that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy available today.

So much so that I'm more the glass half empty guy today than normal

So here goes:-

RAAus will be wound up as a incorporated association within 18 months

I forsee police in the lives of certain board members

I forsee CASA deeply involved in the first point...RPL anyone?

I forsee many new and interesting lawn ornaments on poles in peoples front yards.

I forsee that the mere 7 pages!!! of aircraft for sale in the magazine will grow exponentially in coming months.

I forsee at best, a 6month break from flying for those that can absolutely prove the artifacts that allow them to have a registered aircraft and a pilot certificate.....I forsee 12months as being much more likely

WAKE UP PEOPLE THE HOUSE OF CARDS IS COMING DOWN!!!!

Our new GM Is so busy in legal discovery activities that he has no time to do his day job......and hell,....it wasn't like his day job needed his attention!!!!!!

Please board.....pull your H out of your A and start governing!!!!!! If you are out of your depths (hint YOU ARE!!!!!) then please ask for help.....a few more days/weeks and I fear all is lost and all that remains, if possible is an asset protection program before the writs are issued!

Sigh!

Andy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say that members with suggestions for restructure "should send them to the Secretary, a member of the sub-committee, for consideration" shows that our president is still dealing up the spin at full bore. If you want them to ever see the light of day for discussion by the sub-committee, shouldn't they be sent to any other member of the sub-committee so that they don't have to be deemed useful by the Secretary in his consideration first?

• Agree 1

Its not all bad! I had the best 1.3 hour flight yesterday in the Tamworth Aero Clubs Sportstar! God it was great! Life is pretty dam good....at the moment!

Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 1

Today has been a frustrating day with only the type of good news that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy available today.So much so that I'm more the glass half empty guy today than normal

So here goes:-

RAAus will be wound up as a incorporated association within 18 months

I forsee police in the lives of certain board members

I forsee CASA deeply involved in the first point...RPL anyone?

I forsee many new and interesting lawn ornaments on poles in peoples front yards.

I forsee that the mere 7 pages!!! of aircraft for sale in the magazine will grow exponentially in coming months.

I forsee at best, a 6month break from flying for those that can absolutely prove the artifacts that allow them to have a registered aircraft and a pilot certificate.....I forsee 12months as being much more likely

WAKE UP PEOPLE THE HOUSE OF CARDS IS COMING DOWN!!!!

Our new GM Is so busy in legal discovery activities that he has no time to do his day job......and hell,....it wasn't like his day job needed his attention!!!!!!

Please board.....pull your H out of your A and start governing!!!!!! If you are out of your depths (hint YOU ARE!!!!!) then please ask for help.....a few more days/weeks and I fear all is lost and all that remains, if possible is an asset protection program before the writs are issued!

Sigh!

Andy

Andy, in general you've seemed to be pretty level headed in your postings but this kind of alarmist nonsense is irresponsible in my view. It's unfounded statements like these that get people wound up and lynch mobs gathering. If you've got something to say for heavens sake do so, don't allude to smoke without announcing the fire Please!

.....It has been months since I read anything in our magazine so light on spin...

..... shows that our president is still dealing up the spin at full bore.....

What's this Rank? Five bob each way, and posted within hours of each other....?

• Agree 2

Page 17 of your magazine, quite heartening, then went back when I had read the good stuff, took me a couple of hours to stomach page 7. That about covers it! Not a bob each way at all, nothing like it.

Guest ozzie

Now why does this come at no surprise? Long overdue. It will be interesting to see who slides under the blade.

nothing has happened because we don't really know anything ....................... any statement would be a rumour - but I think lots know and have heard things that put the movie 'a death by a thousand cuts' into the GA classification

(I think)

I dont know if or when any of this might happen. BUT I do feel for anyone wanting to sell an aircraft or run a business involving RA AUS because of rumors. No one will buy or get into Rec flying while these rumors and scare tactics are going on. I am sure if people dont read this site then they will be getting on with their lives. I am not saying what people are saying is not right (I wouldn't have a clue) but what i am saying is speculation like this will be hurting a lot of people right now when the economy is already in a bad way. I for one am now not paying RA AUS for my wife to become a member and learn to fly because of what is being said on here. That not only affects RA AUS but the school she was going to train with.

• Agree 5

It shows how jittery and skeptical we all are. Still half expecting skeletons to come out of our RAAus closet.

I just re-read the HGFA President's well articulated report of December 2009. Published in Soaring Australia. It seems that they have been through it all before we did. Their "Special General Meeting" resulted in the removal of five Members of the Board (out of nine). They got themselves a new President who assured members that "the assumption drawn here is that members were not only voting to arrest the direction of the board..... but were also sending a message that the style of the board was not supported" and "I have yet to see any evidence that additional layers of bureaucracy.... help in getting services to pilots.." I like his style shown in the report.

He also intimated that there was a need to bring together the two groups - the disgruntled reformists and the 'happy as we are' members in order to unite members. Which is another thing that we need to work on.

All stuff that RAAus has so recently been through. Their revolution was more thorough than ours has been, and seemed more effective for that.

Perhaps we were too gentle in our approach. Luckily there are a few new people who are starting to open the doors of communication a little. "Thank you" to those people. But by comparison we still seem to have a dinosoar of a board, appearing to be acting like all is well. No signs of real changes yet !

What I can say is that I have heard a report that it is to do with Aircraft Registrations again, and "potentially" extremely serious as it is to do with previously valid CoA's, however I feel that it needs to be qualified first and then we will have some substance for discussion which is why I said "Stay Tuned"...so let's leave this for now until something/anything/if of substance can be ascertained

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Don't rely on the RPL. Unless everything can just be ticked (ie. there are NO complications whatever) it is not for you. Hardly anyone would be able to honestly pass this at any age over 50 unless they are particularly free of medical history. Waited for it for years . Based on a car standard?. NO, it isn't because the people who designed it wanted to be able to fly their planes into secondary airports to have them serviced. Nev

• Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

Guest airsick
Don't rely on the RPL. Unless everything can just be ticked (ie. there are NO complications whatever) it is not for you. Hardly anyone would be able to honestly pass this at any age over 50 unless they are particularly free of medical history.

All the more reason to insist on change rather than the hollow words that have been spoken by the board and not acted on.

Seriously, if I was CASA and was looking at RA-Aus over the last year and a half I would've yanked the delegation well before now. We are a big organisation with 3,500 odd aircraft, 10,000 odd members and significant revenues. With that comes a lot of risk and if I was CASA I would be asking what is being done to manage that risk. We are not doing anything, we can't even organise insurance and be sure that we've got the best coverage possible. As a regulator how could CASA be sure that we are managing the risks associated with maintaining the skills of our pilots and ensuring that aircraft are registered in accordance with the regulations?

Guest Andys@coffs

Forgive me my frustration but I'm part of a group that has been saying all is not well for some time now.....I have fought against people who suggested that it would be better to build an RAAus Mk2 because I truly believed that what we have was salvageable despite the best efforts to destroy what we have by some in the board. Yesterday I heard a number of 3rd hand reports which suggest that what we have may indeed not be salvageable. (my assessment, no one elses, and on partial info cause lets face it there are only 3 members of RAAus who have the full info, SR, PM and now MB)

Do I know that the info I was provided was fact... No I don't, in all honesty its just a bunch of related rumour, but I have put a fair bit of public effort into shouting "Fire Fire and providing what I felt was compelling proof that required people to take an honest look....... If the info I came across is indeed correct then I very much suspect that we can all just go into spectator mode and watch what happens cause flapping gums and arms will achieve nothing cause its all too late.

Logically if what I've been told is true then we should all get a heads up in coming days......but we have seen before with "computer issues" and all sorts of other obfuscation that an expectation of notice in a few days may well be a few weeks or months...or if they have their way not at all...right up until it implodes.

The comment around not spreading rumours is a viable and valid concern and one that I absolutely took the originators of the "sky is falling brigade" to task with, but the reality is that if I took that original advice on board Feb the 9th wouldn't have occurred, the disclosure of the CASA audit reports with all the damning content wouldn't have been released and I wouldn't have worked out that indeed the sky was falling and continues to do so etc etc.

So I wont put any further detail up other than "please watch this space very carefully over the coming weeks/ months." We were told on Feb the 9th that there was a single litigation which couldn't be spoken of, now it would appear there are many that cant be spoken of under way and if rumours are true even more on the way.......If you want details ring your elected rep cause I think I've pulled up my chair, cooler and now will watch what occurs, and once again kick myself for not taking the original "sky is falling" gang as seriously as it deserved.....

So in summary....I believe but cant prove that the wheel that we all though fell off before will be shown to be an almost inconsequential wheel comp0ared to the one that's falling off now.....am I being considered or alarmist......only time will tell.....am I pissed off Oh very much so.....I have as much to loose as you all do...I own 2 aircraft (one registered and one in the shed)......

Is there really anything wrong with RAAus????

Have a look at the following email thread between me and our president, tell me all is Ok with that?

(obviously as its an email trail read from the bottom up. I have removed email addresses but have the originals if needed)

Sent: Friday, 26 April 2013 10:08 PM

To: Andy Saywell

Subject: Re: $30k from PSB

Andy,

Not sure when we received payments and as far as I know they were not used for anything specific, except for the recent donation for NATFLY.

Regards,

Steve

Sent from my HTC Incredible S on Yes Optus network.

----- Reply message -----

To: "'steve runciman'"

Subject: $30k from PSB

Date: Fri, Apr 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Steve

Ok, fair enough, when did we get payments and what were they used for?

Andy

Sent: Friday, 26 April 2013 8:04 PM

To: Andy Saywell

Subject: RE: $30k from PSB

Importance: High

Hi Andy,

I did not say that PSB had returned $30K this year, I said that they returned $30K since 2008 when they got the contract.

Regards,

Steve

To: sjrunciman

Subject: $30k from PSB

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 17:15:24 +1000

Steve

As you know from our phone call I was not happy with the decision to remain with the incumbent insurance broker and this got me thinking on what was said during our phone call.

At the time I believe you said that PSB had returned $30k to RAAus in the last year and of that I recall you saying:-

1)That Natfly was provided a $5k donation

2)That the $30k was off the books and as such will not show in the revenue statement that will be prepared for the coming AGM

3)That the Off the books approach was suboptimal and would never again be off the books but rather would appear in the revenue statement in the future years.

4)That the existing RAAus ( Added for clarity in this thread...Insurance )Policies were not adjusted in cost to reflect returned funds

However on reflection it is clear that there is a substantial portion of the $30k that I don’t understand where or what it was used for.

Could you please provide clarity on exactly how much was returned to RAAus, and the how it was used.

Regards

Andy Saywell

Thanks for the clarification Andy.

Is this email the sum total of what has you predicting doom or just a small part of it? And if it is a small part, can you let us know some of what the rest of it is please?

Also - since this is a financial matter shouldn't it be asked of the Treasurer? I quite agree that, as a member of the organisation, yours is a legitimate request for information and should be answered in a timely and open manner.

If there are a lot of similar issues which need clarification why not air them here and we can consider all making a joint submission requesting answers to them?

Don't lose hope or stop the crusade, this organisation must be brought to task and be either fixed or replaced. Either way I can assure you and all, that based on my years of close association with the DoA, DCA, CAA, CASA, they most certainly won't be resuming responsibility for our operations at any time in the future, they have enough to do with keeping 'proper aviation' in line and so their intervention would be nothing more than to shut us down until we get our act together by our either fixing the organisation or replacing it.

This might be yet another good time for the 95:10, 25 and 55 brigade to give further thought to re-establishing the old roots ...

• Agree 2