J230 engine failure weipa

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this, the cabin of a Jabiru is tough as nails, id feel a bit safer coming down in one of them than most other LSA's - (roblem is, they come down more often than most..........*not jab bashing*** I love all aeroplanes :-))))))) But holy moly theyve got a strong cabin structure

Avocet...Damn that looks like a big bike in the back...I guess you had a plan B......ride home......How heavy was the Bike?Andy

It was a Yamaha 100 beewee 90kgs ,

It got bent in the prang ,write off ,

Pity , I only got to ride it once .

Under Raa , you could take the bike , or a passenger not both , although its a two seater bike .

I think ill get an electric one that's a bit lighter this time round .

Did three flights to day , oils getting a bit hot , 110 deg ,

I've got one of those oil temp thermostats ,I'm going to take it off tomorrow , just to make sure it's not the thermostat that's the problem.

Heads & coolant temps are good 120/ 115 deg

It's a 0 hours engine so it's Probly still a bit tight .

So far I get 95 kts for 2750 rpm .

It was a great day for flying today .

Cheers .

Mike

Guest Andys@coffs

Mike

When I googled that(Beewee) I thought no way, that looks like a big bike (GPZ etc size) especially when I saw a picture of the Beewee...but then I went back and looked at the size of the wheel compared to the aircraft wheel and I can see it now... Originally I was thinking overloaded! Those bigger bikes from memory just short of 200kg's....

So not a damn big bike...but one of the smallest.....

Sorry

Andy

Sure you are. Jabiru has a huge fan in David 021_nod.gif.30c66a33e1ed960b5b5d3fc7b345b58d.gif

I am a Jabiru fan thanks very much, my Grandpa and I built a J400 and flew it around Australia, but I also don't sugar coat things and hide my head in the and, if you're too daft to admit that there are problems with a possibly good product like the Jabiru then that is your problem mate not mine. Just remember what your instructor should have told you, keep a suitable landing spot within reach so we don't have to read about your mishap. Happy Landings.

if you're too daft to admit that there are problems with a possibly good product like the Jabiru then that is your problem mate not mine.

Well silly me, I'm so daft reading #27 I seem to have confused the Jab motor with a hand grenade. Or was that you?

For info, the aircraft that landed up on the cape was a VH registered Jabiru. It landed on an old air strip well south of Weipa. It was communicating with several aircraft shortly after the landing and for most of the afternoon. They stayed the night in the aircraft and and were retrieved the following day.

• Informative 1