light plane flips while landing in ballina

That wouldn't surprise me. It has been quite windy up here. I flew home today on a -8 400 from Roma. We were cranking along at 600 Kph. We actually had to do one orbit over ESK because ATC couldn't fit us in as we would have been 5 minutes ahead of the slot time.

• Informative 1

It's stopped working FMe, try searching for the story wasn't much, just video of them pushing a 230 along the taxyway.

It's a shame to see that they may be causing more damage by pushing on the elevator.....

There's no doubt of what it is. ( Plenty of pictures).. Willy willies are capable of changing the scene fast. It's not always easy to see them till they affect you, unless it is dry and they are known as "dust devils" and a bit more visible.. Nev

Guest Andys@coffs

Hmm did a job on the VASI..... I guess that isn't a plop it back on its concrete and she'll be right type of thing......

Wonder if that affects the RPT's flying in after dark.....

The aircraft looks to me like the wing attachment for the RHS is stuffed when you look at the photo of it from the front.....The prop doesn't look like it touched the ground at all.....that is amazing!

Andy

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/plane-flips-over-at-ballina/2025029/ I read the article, it was definitely a Cessna. Don't read the pictures!

From photo No. 7 it would appear that the cessna (sic) has veered off 06 runway.There was a strong westerly blowing about that time, could it be a down wind landing?

Guest Maj Millard
Cessna flips=crushed tail write off. Jab flips=bent pitot tube. I am always amazed at the strength Jabs in a crash. Im glad the pilot is ok.

One of the problems with composite structures quentas, internal damage or delaminations often not visible externally, especially down the road to another buyer. The only indication may be a log book entry showing the 'crash/damage history of the aircraft. I can guarantee you that if it went on its back there'll be more than a bent pitot !.............