New here

jeffd

Hello all have just joined this site and looks good.I am a new student pilot with RA-AUS in Australia conducting my training at Coominya Flight Training in Queensland .Only a few hours though so have a long way to go and would love to train more than once a fortnight and will as money allows.I'm sure I'm not the only one thonking that ,have seen some great aircraft on line and will get my own aircraft when ready (lotto) although seriously you can get a good aircraft for the priceof a new car these days.I already have a car so wont be buying another.Anyway am sure I will be on from time to time asking heaps of questions and always learning more .

Welcome Mate.

John was my number two pick for a flight school but I just couldn't turn down the bloke who brought the flight school to me on my own home strip.

Hope you enjoy your flying, as I will when I finish building.

Cheers steve h...

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Welcome Mate.John was my number two pick for a flight school but I just couldn't turn down the bloke who brought the flight school to me on my own home strip.

Hope you enjoy your flying, as I will when I finish building.

Cheers steve h...

Thanks Steve i see you fly the S i am hopin g to see more of this aircraft as i like to plan well into the future haha and have read up on this model .There seems to be a few good ones out there but the S looks like something you could really trip around in.Hopefully i will get to some events and get a better idea of the insides layout and i must say the green looks excellent.Bye for now if you have a site so i can c more picts of that aircraft yours or others let me know and i will check them out thanks again for the welcome

hi jeff, good luck with everything. try avoid flying in the middle of the day when you are starting out, that turbulence can make for a busy lesson. already getting hot in the lockyer and it won't cool down till march.

Hello all have just joined this site and looks good.I am a new student pilot with RA-AUS in Australia conducting my training at Coominya Flight Training in Queensland .Only a few hours though so have a long way to go and would love to train more than once a fortnight and will as money allows.I'm sure I'm not the only one thonking that ,have seen some great aircraft on line and will get my own aircraft when ready (lotto) although seriously you can get a good aircraft for the priceof a new car these days.I already have a car so wont be buying another.Anyway am sure I will be on from time to time asking heaps of questions and always learning more .

Hi Jeff and welcome.

Just remember that,. . . as with most things in the world of "Public" aviation,. . . . believe NONE of what you HEAR and only HALF of what you SEE. . . . and you'll be fine ! ! ! ! ! Plus. . . .have plenty of salt arranged in "pinches" on the table when reading some of the opinions on any forum you might be watching. A lot of the info you read may be useful,. . . .but whether it is useful to YOU is another matter ( !! )

All the best. . . .

Phil

( Former Australian aviation appliance operator )

Hi Jeff and welcome.Just remember that,. . . as with most things in the world of "Public" aviation,. . . . believe NONE of what you HEAR and only HALF of what you SEE. . . . and you'll be fine ! ! ! ! ! Plus. . . .have plenty of salt arranged in "pinches" on the table when reading some of the opinions on any forum you might be watching. A lot of the info you read may be useful,. . . .but whether it is useful to YOU is another matter ( !! )

All the best. . . .

Phil

( Former Australian aviation appliance operator )

Thanks for that welcome Phil the good thing with the internet people can keep in touch from all over the world and so its a good way to get ideas and advice/opinions out. And yes I am always happy to participate in conversations and different ideas. I shall keep the salt handy thanks and probably only really heed 1 persons advise and guidance at the moment ,my instructors haha.Ok by for now hope to talk in the future the aircraft on my profile is the type im learning to fly in the Lightwing .

Hey Phil,

My sister in law and her husband live in Swindon, that's not to far you I don't think, we may be going back over there next year maybe we can catch up for a beer and a bit of a fly around? where is your home airfield there?

David

Hey Phil,My sister in law and her husband live in Swindon, that's not to far you I don't think, we may be going back over there next year maybe we can catch up for a beer and a bit of a fly around? where is your home airfield there?

David

Hi David,. . . . .that's be nice,

My nearest airfield is OTHERTON but this is only a tiny LSA field, I'm half way between Tatenhill and Halfpenny Green for nice concrete runways ! ! !

Although Tatenhill is closer to Burton upon Trent which contains a lot more ale brewing establishments !. Phil

Hi Phil,

The airfield at Halfpenny Green looks good mate.. so maybe a bit of flying and then a couple of those English ale's sounds very nice.. I will look forward to that next year if we come over..012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

David

Guest Maj Millard

Welcome Jeff, Do your best to master that Lightwing, ........when you do you'll be able to handle just about anything else. Also have a shot in a Drifter if you get the chance. Good flying experience to be had from both...........Cheers .....Maj.....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Welcome Jeff, Do your best to master that Lightwing, ........when you do you'll be able to handle just about anything else. Also have a shot in a Drifter if you get the chance. Good flying experience to be had from both...........Cheers .....Maj.....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

But THAT Lightwing has a nosewheel.

Guest Maj Millard
But THAT Lightwing has a nosewheel.

I flew one Ballina-Charters Towers once, they still take a bit of mastering !...........................Maj.......008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Oi! Maj..

Bit of goss the L/W you flew to the Towers ended up, at the school, there is a bit of a nest of them there, hence JeffD and you have been in the same plane. Forgot the rego number.

Regards

Keith Page

Guest Maj Millard

24-4658 I believe, new Sport 2000' , had the ugliest interior color I have ever seen in a Lightwing, (fuzzy shxx brown) but the nicest full- view doors. Only ordered from factory with 60 Ltr tanks....bummer, made the leg Chinchilla to Emerald exciting as I recall, straight across the expedition mountain tiger country, gotta love those 912 s !.....................Maj....014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif