Accident at Caboolture

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an AD for single engine cessnas that has been out for ages about replacing seat rails and seat roller components that are out of specific measurements. This AD also requires that seat stops are put at precise spots to stop the seat moving too far back on take off if it is not latched properly. The last part of the AD is quite often not carried out as it makes getting in and out of the aircraft difficult.

• Agree 1

There is an AD for single engine cessnas that has been out for ages about replacing seat rails and seat roller components that are out of specific measurements. This AD also requires that seat stops are put at precise spots to stop the seat moving too far back on take off if it is not latched properly. The last part of the AD is quite often not carried out as it makes getting in and out of the aircraft difficult.

Correct. The stop pins are effective, but must have the small locking 'clip' itself locked correctly to prevent the stop pin from sliding out. Reckon it's very unlikely that a 206 being maintained by a LAME would not be very carefully checked for the seat rail AD, as well as the stops being located and locked.

Correct. The stop pins are effective, but must have the small locking 'clip' itself locked correctly to prevent the stop pin from sliding out. Reckon it's very unlikely that a 206 being maintained by a LAME would not be very carefully checked for the seat rail AD, as well as the stops being located and locked.

It's more common than you might realise. I reckon 1 in 4 that I inspect fail the check as the stop pins are not fitted or have been fitted incorrectly. This is most commonly caused by the seats being removed by the operators during the 100hrs between inspections.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Thanks for the link Turbs....A pretty comprehensive report..although I must say it seemed to me to be so padded out with every tiny detail that to me is pretty irrevelent to what actually happened. Then again I suppose the ATSB has to disect everything. The seat locks I am 99% sure was the issue. It fits exactly with what Mike and I saw that day.. I cant believe it was over 3 years ago though..it doesnt seem that long but I can remember every detail still. Not something you can forget really but it doesnt worry me which is the main thing