Tiger moth down

It looks like it went through the fence & the was spun around 180 degrees somehow although there are no telltale marks on the ground. Seems to be a fair way off the strip. Maybe there was a mean crosswind.

It would appear to be just outside the fence at Toowoomba airport at the North Western end beside Bridge St. It would be a bit gusty in Toowoomba today.(not suggesting that was a contributing factor)

• Agree 1

I cancelled a planned flight yesterday morning, down the road from Toowoomba, when wind picked up while mid-daily... 15 to 20kt gusting winds at near 90deg to the runway do not indicate conditions suitable to taking a Lightwing and a 7yo up for joy flights.

Miss 7 chucked a mad little sook about not getting to go for a fly... the conditions were nasty.

Toowoomba's gusts were far worse in the afternoon when I came back.

I am somewhat surprised that plane was even taken out. But hey... each to their own.

Bugger, I have previously had a really good look at this Moth when he flew into Boonah a while back. Very nice example. At least the damaged is repairable.

Bit of work in it though!

That would a shame if she isnt rebuilt. But if the cost is 100 grand then it probably wouldnt be worth rebuilding her as there a few really nice examples for sale ATM for $100 000 and less.

I've cancelled several attempts to go flying in the past few weeks with the gusty winds. I fly a biplane in my spare time to have fun. "Fun" does not include gusty 20kt crosswind components. I leave those conditions for "work".

• Like 1