Trailer Hangar

howe

Half the price of the aeroplane is the storage/transport system.This is how mine looked a few years ago:

Brilliant! I love it. The trailer was obviously designed by a farmer/engineer. It makes me appreciate having a hangar.

That's very neat. Did you make it yourself, or if not, where did you get it made? And how much did it cost to make?dodo

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Totally designed and made by me, with no input from anyone. It cost me two years of sleepless nights. The local council (airport owners) made it too hard for me to build a small hanger, so storing it at home in a shipping container built into my shed was the answer. The advantage is that I can easily wander up the back and work on it, and having the fuselage stored above the wing gives access to work on the cockpit and fuel system.

I can assemble it by myself in less than 20 minutes if all goes well, but it's not a patch on the simplicity of the Skyfox wing-fold system.

• Like 2
  • Winner 2

Bloody councils serving themselves and not their community again.

In the modern age of communication and travel, it amazes me they still exist.

Most aspects could be done at a state level, doing away with the bottom level of government.

• Agree 2

The wing covers are separate and bolt on.

Can transport plane fuse complete and wings suspended inside easily.

The intention was that its a relocatable hangar, and not for a rig/de-rig type of a/c.

Its very quick to get out/in and no a/c to move as in some hangars.

Needs good storm tie downs, wind loads can be high.

Basically started with a old caravan chassis from good old gum tree.

The Bantam is a big a/c even though its a u/l so the concept would easily

adapt to jab, sonex, and low wings etc.

My mate built it, I helped with a bit of labour and 40 years of crane design experience.

cheers H

• Like 5
  • Winner 1