Woolies?

geoffreywh

What's with this Woolworths "pop up" scam ? The sooner that goes the better this site will be...

Nothing to do with site Geoff, you must have got some kind of virus. I presume that you are getting this whilst using a PC so check your installed software for anything that is not right. You often get these kind of malicious applications when you install free software of some kind and they also install other software that you didn't intend to install

I am always fixing friends PCs when they download free stuff. They never read the conditions of acceptance or even details on the screen that say all these wonderful products will be installed with the check box already ticked.

Yep, and sometimes the only way to "really" get rid of them is a complete reinstall of your PC from a completely reformatted hard disk. I do a complete reformat and reinstall every 6 months any way because it keeps my PC in best performing condition and I keep my PC for 2 years only and then pass it to the kids for another 2 years, but then I build my own PC anyway so I get the best mix of components

Holy Moly - a complete re-install!!! That means you then have to go through the millions of updates etc. After tuning windows and my hard drive I cloned it. I then clone it once a week, that way, if the drive fails or things crash badly I just grab the clone and install that. No doing updates and reinstalling software. By the way, I use synctoy to backup new and changed data every day. Never lost a byte of data in years. The cloning software is Acronis - it came with my solid state drive. Works a treat. Windows backup is a bad joke.

Ah Windoze Hate. It's not an upgrade IMHO. It allows touch screen stuff but most PC users don't want that anyway. I still use XP which is no longer supported and in a way is good as there's nothing specifically targeted at XP these days. I have not had an issue for over 5 years now. Don't use IE explorer (Chrome or Firefox are much better browsers) install a good antivirus & be very wary of free stuff & read all the fine print.

• Agree 2

You should run a program like CCleaner once in a while to get rid of your browsing history and the cookies the sites leave behind. Cheers

Malwarebytes has been long recognised and well trusted as the ultimate free malware proggy and CC Cleaner gets a few different items as well.

Remember, if you run CC Cleaner with out isolating "cookies", then you will have to re-log into all of your regular websites.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/