Rotax mandatory sb

SDQDI

Ok I can't work out how to upload a PDF file:blush:

But I just got a copy of a mandatory rotax sb emailed to me which is in regards to the float issue, they are organising replacement floats and they HAVE to be replaced within the next 25 hrs or before the next flight if certain symptoms are experienced.

I was planning on picking up the hornet from taree tomorrow morning but having this come through I will be putting that back to next week so that Ole can do it while it's there. Starting to get some serious withdrawals as it's nearly been two weeks without a flight:fear:

If anyone could give me some instructions in regards to how to upload a PDF it would be much appreciated:thumb up:

Maybe I will try to copy and paste

You should be able to just right click on it and then hit save as.

Rename the file if you like so it makes sense to you then tell it where you want to save it to

Could make a folder for SB's for future ones

Hope that helps

Regards

Stewy

That looks like the "certified" SB. The ultralight engine SB usually has "UL" on the end from memory.

Most of our engines are ul and uls.

Rotaxowner are usually on the ball with their emails, so it's strange...

It is a fairly serious matter but I thought they didn't yet have a float they can state will not do the same thing The Jabiru has a similar carburetor. Has anything been mentioned in respect of it. It may not be a problem with Avgas, but not all jabiru's are running avgas. Nev

You are right and from memory I think they worded it like that themselves (rotax). But maybe now that they are organising swapping them out, they must have found a suitable option. Otherwise we would still be checking them instead of changing them?

Just missed out on the engine number thankfully (912 uls 6 779 ***). As I read it, I'll need to check the carb numbers too?

Gareth, I imagine they would be free but you would need to pay the expensive express postage from Flood's if past history is an indication.

Finally got the email.....

Have used the "upload a file" button....see how we go....

MANDATORYROTAX SERVICE BULLETIN:

"Exchange of floats on ROTAX 912 and 914 (series)"

SB-912-067 / SB-914-048SB-912-067UL / SB-914-048UL

Rotax has released a Mandatory Bulletin requiring exchange of the carburetor floats on certain Rotax 912/914 series engines and carbs.

All 912/914 Carburetor floats in the ranges of applicability described in this bulletin must be replaced by new "marked" replacement floats, which will be marked with one or two embossed 'dot' markers as shown.

(The float part number has not changed.)

sb-912-067ul.pdf

sb-912-067ul.pdf

sb-912-067ul.pdf

• Helpful 2
  • Caution 1