Coupe or Fastback?

Is Coupe or Fastback more desireable?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is Coupe or Fastback more desireable?

• I like Coupe style better
    • I like Fastback style better
    • White cars should be banned in Alaska

No, not buying a new sports car, I am merely curious as to if one prefers a coupe or fastback hi-wing plan?

Here's some samples, the plane models themselves aren't relevant, just chosen at random for the 2 styles ..

Vs.jpg.061fa26e43859f04754a6e773e770d39.jpg

Thanks for your consideration.

From the looks perspective I'd go with the fastback but from a pilots perspective, I have voted coupe because the field of vision is much better with the rear windshield.

The swept back tail is a fool of an idea just used for style rather than function, on aircraft that don't get near the speed of sound. The rear window is probably an asset and would add a fair bit of cost to the plane's build. Nev

• Agree 1

Guest Howard Hughes
Do I remember this Apache at Essendon about 25 years ago? I did flight reviews with the instructor who owned it

That's the one, it was online at Essendon Flying School, I still see it when I pass through Essendon from time to time!

At school I used to collect aeroplane cards in the threepenny Nestles chocolates. You could get a book to paste them into. The Apache was my favourite card. So when I saw the one at Essendon with a shiny new coat of paint I fell in love.

• Like 1

Guest Howard Hughes
At school I used to collect aeroplane cards in the threepenny Nestles chocolates. You could get a book to paste them into. The Apache was my favourite card. So when I saw the one at Essendon with a shiny new coat of paint I fell in love.

That must have been around 30 years ago! Or has it had a re-spray recently?

PS: looks like it's a fast back too! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

The back is only as fast as the front. Funny term for a thing like an aeroplane . Beauty is a bit more subtle in an aircraft. There are many ways to be ungainly in appearance and function over form applies often, and perhaps should MORE often.. It has to work too. Nev