Where are they ??

Russ

Dafydd gone....Oscar gone...this ones gone....that ones gone, all of them jewels of knowledge, always keen to answer questions......place isn't the same anymore, mores the pity.

( not happy jan ) 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif049_sad.gif.cfa4f274d7bd070bd6a24b809e8799ba.gif

• Agree 5
  • Haha 1

There is usually something in everyone's contribution. I found Oscar's input helpful. We don't all have to agree surely? Pilots are not good at agreeing. (But you knew that already). Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Dafydd gone....Oscar gone...this ones gone....that ones gone, all of them jewels of knowledge, always keen to answer questions......place isn't the same anymore, mores the pity.( not happy jan ) 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif049_sad.gif.cfa4f274d7bd070bd6a24b809e8799ba.gif

They're not banned, they can contribute when ever they want to. Only one has a minor suspension from memory which is probably close to being completed.

They're not banned, they can contribute when ever they want to. Only one has a minor suspension from memory which is probably close to being completed.

There's more to this than folks know, drop me a mail.......NOT a " PM " ....they're not "private".

• More 1

I only saw the details, such as they were, about one person being banned, purely by accident.

What are the criteria for getting a ban on this forum? I know it's not very nice if someone is attacking you as a person as opposed to an attack on the point you are making, but when am I going to get a ban for disagreeing with someone?

If I publicly call someone an ar$ehole on here, I might expect to be penalised, even if it's true ( and I have come close ! ) but am I under a mistaken impression that this forum is for a free and perhaps frank exchange of ideas?

Why are these people being 'banned'?

Paul

I can understand a permanent suspension but perhaps Ian can advise us as to how many minor suspensions have occurred during a certain number of years and how many of those forumites were upset and no longer contributed.

Alan.

O.K. I hear that both are doing things that are very useful.

We know what happened to Oscar, that was made public here, but I would be very interested to hear the "official" reason why Dafydd no longer contributes here.

I used to find oscars posts informative but he did have a way of wording them to be 'put downish' or at least come across as that. Combine that with the fact that the jab discussion has more fervour than any political or religious discussion and it is a recipe for arguments that turn bitter and have no solution where all participants (of the said discussion) are happy.

At the end of the day it's about flying which is why I don't bother to even read any political or religious thread, some subjects will have us never agreeing best to agree to disagree and talk about what brings us together:cheers:

• Agree 4

Of course there could have been gandalph but from memory that was at the same time as Oscar was given a 'holiday' and no doubt Dafydd would have felt that as well. It would have seemed that they were against not only the 'anti jab' people but also Ian as well.

I've been a member of quiet a few forums in my time but at the end of the day if we aren't getting along with the people we are talking to we eventually realise that we have plenty of things to do in 'real life' that are much more important and valued more by those involved.

I found Dafydd's posts to be informative and he didn't have the 'stiff backed' approach of Oscar (maybe an age thing?) that's not saying I always agreed with him, but I generally enjoyed his contributions. But if he is busy enough doing what he is doing why would he hang around here? especially when the jab 'thing' was at its peak. I think now that things have settled into something resembling sanity that it might be a different story but it was what it was.

Lastly (more for Russ) if you're hinting at Ian contributing to Dafydd's leaving, I think that that is a bit too much. After all it isn't 'our' site it is his.

I agree with some of that SDQDI particularly your 2nd & 3rd paras. I've met Dafydd and he has a formidable intellect and the credentials to back up his opinions. I suspect that his years of battling the "0.5 wits" in CASA and it's predecessors have caused him to not suffer fools gladly, and some here didn't take kindly to that. You're also correct, it is Ian's site, but isn't a site like this devalued when the people who know quite a lot give up and leave, and the people who know it all stay?

Happily there are still quite a few here (and in the naughty corner) who don't know everything and who's contributions are much valued and appreciated. But it could be so much better.

• Like 1

The reality is that forums are dynamic and forever changing, you get settled into a family atmosphere and feel comfortable for a period of time then suddenly a few leave and a few new people come in and people get uncomfortable with the new surroundings. It happens to every forum, nothing new, just a new phase.

I enjoy reading Oscar's factual input and would like to hear his comments on the 2210 Jab - gets a bit excited at times though.