Something different !

flyerme

• 2 weeks later...

177489909_Flash2kneel1.JPG.f9c12c19aa98d3583fb4414105dfc30d.JPG

Yes but how many can out gun my .303 Lewis 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

We can fix YOU,. . .you gate crasher,. . . .WE have a genuine twin German 88millimetre anti-aircraft gun on a gimbal mout ( deactivated ) . . .so that is going to make NONSENSE of your pathetic english .303 deactivated Lewis gun. . .Sveinhundt ! ! !

Really GOOD idea you've got there mate,. . . shame Australia is such a rather big place,. . . . and RAA aircraft are of limited range and s p r e a d out a bit over the continent. . . but I'm sure there will be a lot of takers for your project. We used to have a bunch called " The Otherton Raiders" around 12 years ago,. . .and we used to "Raid" airfields all over the country,. . .easy for us, as the "Country" isn't really that big ! ! ! but we DID have a serious load of fun. Regrettably, there wasn't much technology about back then, and most people still had cameras with "Film" in them ( REMEMBER THAT ? ) so not much of the history remains. . . we even "Raided" Birmingham Intl. airport when they had the four day Pilots' strike a few years ago,. . .I couldn't believe my ears when they allowed us to fly microlights in there,. . . .on the day, we had around 34 aircraft, and we were NOT charged anything at all, . . .and used all the facilities, fuel was a problem, as none of us could burn Jet A1,. . .but you can't have everything. and all but one of us managed to fly out,. . .one guy tipped his flexwing over and damaged the wing,. . . .so being a friendly lot,. . .we all buggered off and left him to his fate. . . .

No,. . very good idea Flyerme. . . . .and I hope it all works out well. . . . .we WILL be watching. . . . .!

Can't bring my Gemini Flash 2,. . .I'd have to fly through Iraqui airspace to get there, and I don't think that would be a good idea at the moment, . . .might get beheaded on national TV. . . . .( OI,. . .who said that would be good ! ! ! )

Couple of trophies nearing completion first is the jack flyer trophy ( best overall aircraft and second is for most unique aircraft :)[ATTACH=full]36219[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]36220[/ATTACH]

Listen sunshine. . . .yer Can't have MOST UNIQUE . . .! ! ! ! yer daft bat. . . .it's either UNIQUE . . .or it isn't. . .! ! ! ! ! ( Sorry to nitpick ! ! ! ) brilliant idea anyway mate, and they all said you were only good at making TERRIFIC LOOKING BABIES HEY ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! !

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Arrhh Tim! You would not by chance have been reading a particular aviation themed book recently that gave you all these crazy (but exciting) ideas by any chance? 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Wayne.

• Like 2

Arrhh Tim! You would not by chance have been reading a particular aviation themed book recently that gave you all these crazy (but exciting) ideas by any chance? 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gifWayne.

Yep. . ."Stick and Rudder" by Wolfgang Langweische,. . .it gets 'em all in the end Wayne. . . . . written in the thirties,. . .brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Could be a busy year. Hope the WX gods are taking note!Loxton

Nhill. Oct 10

Benalla

Unconfirmed :suggestions

Murray bridge RPA

murray bridge LAF

Lamaroo mallee micro lights

Lamaroo. Kevin Gyro's

Aldinga

Strathalbyn

Brooklands

Meningie

Karoonda-DC

Goolwa

Gawler

Hind marsh island

Rowland flat

Clare valley

Swanreach

Kangaroo island

Pinnaroo

Also would like my own get together at some point ,my thoughts and ideas on this are:

A get together at x strip for the day, BBQ and flying activities/competitions. I find there's not enough actual activities once at destination (if any)so let's make a day full of trophy/ ribbon award winning activities and alike......

-spot landing , furtherest distance flown, best looking plane per catorgory , flower bombing( if still allowed?). Smoothest landing,PLEASE MORE SUGGESTIONS HERE.

Also we could have a safari day : were we will go out with a map and clues ( fuel/ground crew will be needed) More details to come

As mentioned all this will be filmed for my documentary project aimed at promoting our sport and getting new young blood involved... I will also be publicly promoting our events through regular media, social media, advertising and word of mouth.

So please get involved we need everyone's support.

"The Great JACK FLYER Gate Crash 2015"

Don't forget to come to Saturday lunch with the GVAC at Shepparton!

Kaz

• Like 1

fellow aviators...I'm planing on something exciting, something different,something unique.An adventure for all to be involved in (within distance and availability ),It's all about aviation Fun...

Goodonya Tim!...Putting some fun back into Ultralight flying!...Hope it all goes well for everyone involved...Won`t be there, Deeral is just too far away.

we even "Raided" Birmingham Intl. airport when they had the four day Pilots' strike a few years ago,. . .I couldn't believe my ears when they allowed us to fly microlights in there.

Phil, Way back when!...Several members of the 'Far North Queensland Ultralight Association' (our club) were granted permission to fly into Cairns Intl airport and do a flying display! The only requirement was that we fly in and out, within, plus or minus 10 minutes of the approved time and at least one aircraft had to carry a radio and be able to use it.....033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif I recall there were, two Drifters and a LightWing and I`m pretty sure there were a couple more but I can`t recall them at the moment.

Frank.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1