No RAA crashes

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have there been no RAA crashes this weekend?

Not at this end of the country!!!! This morning,I heard young (Almost 85 ) Ron Biondi, flying around the place, in his Drifter!...I went up once yesterday and three times today! Last flight with my beautiful granddaughter, Alison, in the back seat.....Never crashed once!...How about you???

1534252139_Alison.(Large).jpg.c548816de80be92f8b0d767cd35575b7.jpg

Frank.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Guest GraemeM
did the aero chute accident happen this weekend

Calling all PPC's aerochute is like calling all fixed wing ultralights drifters, or all dogs Kelpies.

Graeme.

It was a Fasterway PPC with a 500sqft chute,same flying principles as a aerochute,but different design and different sized canopy.The aerochute has a 367sqft

canopy.Condolences to all family and friends ,no one wants to see these things happen.

• Informative 3

Not at this end of the country!!!! This morning,I heard young (Almost 85 ) Ron Biondi, flying around the place, in his Drifter!...I went up once yesterday and three times today! Last flight with my beautiful granddaughter, Alison, in the back seat.....Never crashed once!...How about you???

[ATTACH=full]36032[/ATTACH]

Frank.

What a good photo! how did you do that?

• Agree 1

have there been no RAA crashes this weekend?

Well Shafs to me that is a great weekend, lets hope the next 1000 weekends the same.

Somehow I feel I am way optimistic on that wish list.

Alf

• Agree 1

What a good photo! how did you do that?

G`Day Richard, I agree about the photo!.... Want to have a look at crappy one`s of the same subject?...022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif...I`d zoomed in, trying to get a shot of a boat in the river,forgot to zoom out, crappy, crappy, crappy, finally! Two good ones, that one being the best of the two. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Weather permitting, tomorrow morning, I`ll be taking up a lady who works at the local BP servo, for her first flight in an Ultralight! Hope I can get as good a photo as that one....I`ll be posting it.

Cheers,

Frank.

• Like 1

I have seen one of the farri you tube videos. where he is pointing his little camera back at his passenger. and flying the aircraft.

I havn`t seen that You Tube video!!!.... Practice long and hard, shafs! One day you may be able to do it to......022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank.

Ps, No auto pilot on the Drifter.003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

(Comment removed by mod...abusive.)

Freedom of speech and all that!!!......Not nice ...054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif...and could get you suspended for a bit!....020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif (yes it could..Mod)

Frank.

• Agree 2

(Comment removed by Mod...abusive)

I can't attest for the 3 axis crashes, but when it comes to the 2 axis I understand that majority were HGFA registered

Not nice maybe you should find a forum where they speak to one another like that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You did leave yourself open; we shouldn't be celebrating/being sarcastic about/being humorous about people dying at an accelerated rate.

We should not be accepting this; we are all to blame, usually through not acting to cut off bad habits when we see them.

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Is a question along the lines of "did we have any serious accidents this WEEK" out of order?. I can't see why? IF we only has 2 when normally we averaged say 6 could it not be said it was a "GOOD' result. (by comparison with the norm? inferred) We aim for none knowing in the real world that won't be achieved. It shouldn't stop you trying to improve whatever the rate is.. IF you achieved zero you would still have to maintain it. Nev