Forced landing on highway with video

Guest ozzie

Missed the off ramp.

The leading edges and left gear took a hammering from road signs and the instructor apparently fell out when he opened the door before they stopped completely and hurt his hand.

There are probably many incidents and accidents world wide on a daily basis however because Australians are so UScenrtic we never hear of them. Enough said, move on

I have a google alert for light aircraft, ultralight and microlight. Most of the microlight news comes out of the UK and ultralight comes from the US. Its a language thing and the west has more cameras via mobile phones so news spreads pretty quick.

There are probably many incidents and accidents world wide on a daily basis however because Australians are so UScenrtic we never hear of them. Enough said, move on

Bit of an odd statement - lots of the postings on this forum and lots of the headlines on the home page concern British and European aircraft events, accidents and incidents.

Having been to the USA a lot, that doesn't look like a highway to me. That looks like a suburban road.

Their limit on suburban roads is not much different to ours, so given that 60 kts = 111 km/h, the overtake doesn't surprise me at all.

Bit of an odd statement - lots of the postings on this forum and lots of the headlines on the home page concern British and European aircraft events, accidents and incidents.

It probably stems from my dislike and disrespect for the media here in Australia who are too lazy to report on or track down newsworthy events here and instead take the lazy option of inserting some obscure item into their bulletin which they suck off the web.

I don't need to hear about a minor car crash in Bullshit Hollow, West Idaho.

It probably stems from my dislike and disrespect for the media here in Australia who are too lazy to report on or track down newsworthy events here and instead take the lazy option of inserting some obscure item into their bulletin which they suck off the web.I don't need to hear about a minor car crash in ******** Hollow, West Idaho.

What are you commenting on this one for then?

Pardon me, but I rather LIKE to see "Quirky" aviation events, wherever they are. . . . especially where someone pulls of an improbable feat, however Lucky / skilful / combination of things it may have been. . . the video under discussion certainly seems to tick that box especilly so since no one got dedded in the process.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Reporting news costs money, people are no longer willing to buy newspapers. You can see where this is going can't you.

Analogue ( or "Dead Tree" Press ) Mainstream news organs are still selling pretty well in the UK generally FT,. . . . but the new government has ordered the BBC to slash their enormous website, as they have local coverage over most of the UK at the moment and growing,. . which is causing traditional "Localised" newspapers to close down, since it it all paid for by the TV Licence Tax payer. All part of the Beeboid's creeping takeover as the only thing to watch, riddled with Pro - EU and general lefty propaganda /surgically censored news etc . . . . . anything which doesn't fit into their looney leftie view of the world simply does NOT get a mention. This is why I started using sites like Guido Fawkes order-order.com and Breitbart London so that we can all rip their ideas to pieces in a semi public very Lightly moderated journalistic environment . . . End of Rant.

Sorry people. . . .068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif 099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

you need to read more Phil

have a quick scan of the headlines

https://www.google.com/search?q=murdoch+press+losses&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I'll give you a tip, Murdoch wants Cameron to shut down the BBC so that the public are forced to watch his media outlets, its been the Murdoch family plan since the 1950s.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the kind advice FT, but I've been reading BBC dross for a very long time, and personally, I'd vote for your mate Murdoch in a heartbeat just to get rid of the leftards. At least he is HONEST about ripping everyine off. . . .

Back to topic.

no one is forcing you to read and watch the BBC.

That's correct FT.

But why then should anyone be forced to pay for their wonderful three channel TV service on threat of a criminal prosecution if they don't ?

If you want a long chat about this, that's fine, but perhaps it would be a good idea to start another thread down in "Off Topic" as it has bugger all to do with this one as I have previously admitted. . .

Kind regards,

Phil the whinger.

when all those bankers wrote themselves multi-million bonuses and sent England broke you coughed up willingly to bale them out, gave up your free healthcare to bale out the monarchy. so whats a few bucks for the BBC?

when all those bankers wrote themselves multi-million bonuses and sent England broke you coughed up willingly to bale them out, gave up your free healthcare to bale out the monarchy. so whats a few bucks for the BBC?

No, actually I. . . didn't cough up anything FT. . .

No further posts on that subject. Start another one if you want a political rant old son. see ya on the off topic section. byeeeee

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1