Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

Propeller choice. I have spoken to the guys at bolly. They are local to me. Two choices, a cheaper heavier prop for about 1250 or a lighter one for about 1750. I have zero experience with props but things that turn it's always nice to be light ???. I'm at this stage going for the large diameter one. Thoughts from those who have be there and done that.

Lyndon

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Propeller choice. I have spoken to the guys at bolly. They are local to me. Two choices, a cheaper heavier prop for about 1250 or a lighter one for about 1750. I have zero experience with props but things that turn it's always nice to be light ???. I'm at this stage going for the large diameter one. Thoughts from those who have be there and done that.Lyndon

A good question, Lyndon.

It is really hard to find a good propeller comparison. The best I have seen was put together by Recreational Flying forum member JG3: www.stolspeed.com/id/62

That goes on the front top of Frame 10.

On the back goes a rectangular plate, and on the back of that a again a small 'plastic' plate with a hole that lines up with that big hole in the middle.

I have a 72 inch IVO prop with inflight adjustment just using 2 blades at the moment see how she flys then might put the third blade on see if their much difference trying to keep the weight down their quite heavy blades.

Amazing. I still can't find this part anywhere in my manual or parts list. But it's an easy installation.Thanks Lyndon

It says to use 4 long rivets round that centre hole, also long rivets for those 2 little right angle brackets there.

All rivets go in from front or top, except the 4 round the hole, which are from the back.

Good luck!

I have a 72 inch IVO prop with inflight adjustment just using 2 blades at the moment see how she flys then might put the third blade on see if their much difference trying to keep the weight down their quite heavy blades.

What system is that? Airmaster?

Amazing. I still can't find this part anywhere in my manual or parts list. But it's an easy installation.Thanks Lyndon

Hey Lyndon, I just found a couple more brackets go on this frame. They don't appear on my Frame assembly drawings, but they do appear on the parts listing and the fuse assembly drawings. They are ST062, two simple triangular bracing plates attached to the L and R end of that rectangular doubler in the middle and going down to the fuse bottom skin, by the looks of it.

I'm just started assembling the fuse, will post a pic when I have these bits attached to the frame.

Need some help finding a part. On the mixer there are four washers ( sc127 ) and two spacers ( sc 131 ). They space the bellcranks for the alerons / flaps. I can't seem to find them. Also on the controls it's lists both drilled and non drilled bolts for assembly depending on the manual and the parts list. I'm short of the drilled bolts ???. Thoughts.

Lyndon

Filter issues. Bugger me my cheap filter was to long for fitting the exhaust. So I found a Short one off a Briggs and Stratton engine.

Your engine (and it's reliability) are worth how much, Lyndon???

• Winner 1

Its a perfectly good oil filter. It's USA made. Meets all the requirements for filtration and oil flow. Look at it the other way. A Rotax oil filter is just a Briggs and Stratton filter. I use a Taiwan made filter for my race bike. It cost under 2 dollars US. It has well over 200 hp. Revs to 15000 rpm. Not only I but just about everyone I know uses them. There has never been an issue. Baldwin make good filters and I'm sure it will be fine. You can see how small the filters are on current 1000 cc super bikes.

Lyndon

1472713024436-654777792.jpg.e35d356cba9206f1889a0a7842735a82.jpg