Iphone

Cosmick

Because you have different password settings which you can set to your needs, password/ no password

I've tried in settings on iphone 6 (was same on 4s) used to be fine but has required sign in each visit last few months. Went to settings passwords, put in website, username and password but still doesn't work. Doesnt ask to save password. ??????

Try and remove rec fly cookies on the device where yoy have to log in all time, then go to the site, log in oncd more and then it should be ok

Disclaimer...it is an apple device

So my trusty old Nokia know longer works as there changed the local towers to 4G, not happy. I HATE SMARTPHONES.

Looks like I will have to get the bloody iphone as it has all the frequencies! I wish smartphones were never invented.

Remember the days when there were things called mobile phones that made phone calls?

I will miss my dumb phone as we shared a very special bond. Jeez I can still remember my Motorola bag phone.

Remember the days when there were things called mobile phones that made phone calls?

I can remember when a mobile phone was mounted in a box on the side of the road. I think it was call a phone box.

• Agree 1

Ahh the old Green phone. You could ring anywhere in Australia for 20 cents, and if you were really smart you could even get your 20 cents back after the call.

There were for of them at the Army Apprentices School in the 70's, I am certain that Telecom never made a cent out of them.

I remember when you could ring them, you can still ring some of them and I have a list of numbers somewhere.

Had some fun hiding in a building across the road ringing the phone as people walked past. Some ignored it and some hesitated but picked it up. "Congratulations you have won 1 million dollars"

Or

"Nice Dress You Are Wearing"

I can remember when a mobile phone was mounted in a box on the side of the road. I think it was call a phone box.

My dad talked of the mobile phones of his youth. A mounted linesman could reach up from the saddle and clip his phone onto the overhead lines, crank her up and place a call.

When used on a manual exchange (which was my first job) The A button was pressed when the operator told you to insert the money and press button A. (The operator got certain tones as the money was inserted)

So you would insert your money and the operator could hear by tones how much went in, then once the call was connected they would tell you to press button A to feed the money into the tin.

If the call couldn't be connected you would be told to press button B for a refund.

The later automated system used the same procedure but done automatically. These phones could be fiddled by shorting out the A and B buttons with a bit of copper wire.

The green phones were harder to beat, but it could be done by running a strip of superglue around a 20c coin.

When inserted into the phone and left for 10 minutes it stuck and the phone thought the tin was full thus allowing unlimited calls.

Once finished with your calls a couple of drops of fingernail polish remover dripped down the coin slot with an eyedropper was all that was needed to get a full refund of your hard earned 20c.

• Informative 1

I don't have a picture but I recall even earlier black public phones that had two buttons labelled "A" and "B".Don't remember what the role of the buttons was.

Mate, the black A and B series were modern!

When I was a kid I'd occasionally be sent down the street with tuppence to ring Dad at work. I was only about 6 and the phone had a fixed mouthpiece high up in the phone box so I had to climb up on the shelf and hang on while I made the call and then rolled the two pennies into the slot to make the connection (it only took pennies). I was not quite 8 when we got a black phone of our own installed in the hallway and I thought we were very flash.

Kaz

When we got our first phone it was a black bakelite table top version with a handle that you wound. We didn't have that for long when we upgraded to a black bakelite version with number dialling. My old man was a PMG technician (Post Master General - precursor of Telecom, precursor of Telstra for the younger reader) and we got to keep the old winder phone as a toy. In those days you truly just rented the phone and you had to return it when you upgraded or gave up having a phone. I also remember we had one of the few phones in the street and neighbours often came over to use the phone or us kids were sent up the street to get neighbors when someone rang looking for them. Imagine these days phoning a neighbor to pass messages to someone.

The greatest trick with the old winder phone was to give the wall plug to some visiting kid and ask him to hold it really tight. You then wound the handle as fast as you could and gave the unsuspecting kid an electric shock.

When we got our first phone it was a black bakelite table top version with a handle that you wound. We didn't have that for long when we upgraded to a black bakelite version with number dialling. My old man was a PMG technician (Post Master General - precursor of Telecom, precursor of Telstra for the younger reader) and we got to keep the old winder phone as a toy. In those days you truly just rented the phone and you had to return it when you upgraded or gave up having a phone. I also remember we had one of the few phones in the street and neighbours often came over to use the phone or us kids were sent up the street to get neighbors when someone rang looking for them. Imagine these days phoning a neighbor to pass messages to someone.The greatest trick with the old winder phone was to give the wall plug to some visiting kid and ask him to hold it really tight. You then wound the handle as fast as you could and gave the unsuspecting kid an electric shock.

Yes...like the magnetos out of old cars there was a quite savage burst of volts to make your day as the magnets rotated around the armature.

Kaz

The crank handle worked the ringer but we had two really large 1.5 volt batteries in a wooden box that worked the phone itself. They had brass nuts on them to attach the wires and we kids were not supposed to open the box.