Kogalymavia EI-ETJ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10:30 pm. ABC News 24 and Sky News now advising 224 on board. ABC says 45 ambulances sent to the crash site in rugged country. Vladimir Putin has expressed condolences to the families who lost loved ones, and ordered an investigation.

Although ISIL have claimed responsibility, military officials say that ISIL do not have missiles capable of hitting aircraft at high altitude, according to 7 news.

• Caution 1

Guest Howard Hughes
Although ISIL have claimed responsibility, military officials say that ISIL do not have missiles capable of hitting aircraft at high altitude, according to 7 news.

Sadly, it doesn't need to be a missile!

Imagine a world where the possession or non-possession of various forms of weaponry by rebels, separatist groups, and rogue states as claimed by western military officials was always accurate! I can only dream of what such a world would be like!

Yes sadly a bomb or as some commentators are saying it could have been a opportunistic hit as the plane came down lower to land at Cairo airport after the pilot radioed he had some technical issues...who knows...just don't fly over that part of the world...bloody cowards these terrorists...

David

Video has been released released from ISIS showning a airliner bing shot down. The video is on Knights Templar international.

• Helpful 1

Whatever happened it was incredibly quick. Surely ISIS can't be that stupid to destroy a Russian leased aircraft. If they did it will be a sure quick response from Purtin. Some of the Facebook rumor pages say there is already movement of Russian Nukes. Why waste expensive weapons. Just mustard gas the mongrels.

Whatever happened it was incredibly quick. Surely ISIS can't be that stupid to destroy a Russian leased aircraft. If they did it will be a sure quick response from Purtin. Some of the Facebook rumor pages say there is already movement of Russian Nukes. Why waste expensive weapons. Just mustard gas the mongrels.

Because these cowards hide among civilian populations. Killing innocent people is the surest way to radicalize their families.

• Agree 3

Why waste expensive weapons. Just mustard gas the mongrels.

As Marty said, ISIS are in and about the struggling-to-just-survive civilian population all the time (regrettably).

If you're happy to have your TV screen saturated with 4 year old kids from the local village dying from mustard gas exposure then sure, go for it.

Very sad.

I had read that the aircraft involved suffered a tail strike in 2001, so could be a delayed result of the repair? A long time on I know but it is a possibility.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20151031-0

If ISIS are involved ( imagine a bomb smuggled on board is more likely than a missile in that scenario? ) they've just opened up a massive world of hurt as Russia wont be afraid of giving them a good kicking beyond anything they've experienced so far. If it is a terrorist incident it'd destroy the already fragile tourist industry in Egypt.

^^ isn't this what IS wants though? I thought the Russian where bombing the Free Syrian Army not IS. At least that's what was reported last week.

judging by the wreckage, looks like it broke up in air.

• Agree 1

As Marty said, ISIS are in and about the struggling-to-just-survive civilian population all the time (regrettably).If you're happy to have your TV screen saturated with 4 year old kids from the local village dying from mustard gas exposure then sure, go for it.

Russians are well known for killing civilians, remember Afghanistan when they dropped exploding 'butterflies' that the kids picked up. At least this time they are telling non combatants to leave the area where they are going to spank.

It will be interesting to see what the recorders have to say. Maybe it will come down to the tail strike repair some 11 years ago as it looks like this is the area it failed first. An Airbus version of the Japanese 747 rear pressure bulkhead failure some years ago.

judging by the wreckage, looks like it broke up in air.

The wing looks to have been intact at impact, and not very fast.

No good picture of the overall wreckage spread, but I feel it is all fairly localised, adding to the slow impact thought.

The wreckage spread could indicate a spinning (stalled) impact, with centrifugal forces spreading the wreckage.

Extremities and heavy items would travel the farthest, nose, tail, engines.

Interesting clue is the broken off (but attached) fin.

Could this be a repeat of the American Airlines Airbus crash, where the pilots overloaded the fin, breaking it off, whereupon the aircraft spun into the ground.....?

Kogalymavia have done a presser saying it was an inflight break up of the airbus a321 due to external forces.

A source in the Egyptian investigation committee says the crashed Russian plane was not struck from the outside (Reuters)

This is the image that i keep coming back to, the area behind the door. Disregard the crush damage from impact with the ground. The reports coming out tend to confirm the bulkhead blowing out and damaging the control systems pitching the aircraft up the down rapidly up to 3000ft each way. More than enough to rip the tail off forward of the door. I don't think that there would have been any foul play here. They say the tail strike 11 years ago was heavy damage and after that 747 tail strike and crappy repair it just starts to all point that way. Have to see just how wrong i am as the facts come to hand.

i will be extremely suspicious of all findings in this case if it involves a bomb, or is made to look like it did...

Too many major interests at stake here to trust anyone, and the propoganda by all sides is already showing that..

• Agree 4