The Icon A5 - So Hot

Guest Kenthao

What is the limit of chop it can handle and is the trim all the way back on takeoff say like a GA Lake Buccaneer. In other words dose a cruiser wake going by or a northerly wind turn it into a submarine?

I do know that flying GA versions of sea and floats you will never need a chiropractor.

Yes it sits very low in the water when it is not on the step...I think you would want to avoid big chop and a big boats wash or you may well need a snorkel or at least wind screen wipers...for the sort of money they want for on of these they probably should have both of these things... :)

David

• Caution 1

No Pilots License Required To Fly This Helicopter In USA**

I don't fly these things only fixed wing, but at the price seems to be low and cruise's at 85kts. If Raa aircraft gets more costly it might be a way to go and put it in the backyard cures driving, hangars and runway fees . Any flying in Australia?

Mosquito XEL – When your preference in a Part 103 ultralight requires more of a standard fuselage and cockpit then the XEL will meet your needs. The integrated fuselage standard to all XE models forms a most pleasing and aerodynamic shell with all the required instrumentation and comforts a recreational pilot might want. The included safety floats provide an exemption to the standard 103 lb weight limit to keep this beautiful ship within the ultralight category

Why dont you fly out of Warnervale or Somersby,?

Have you seen the fees and charges Wyong Council has imposed at Warnervale?!? It's cheaper for me to takeoff from there, fly to Archerfield, do an hour of circuits & refuel at Archerfield and fly back to Warnervale than it is to simply do an hour of circuits at Warnervale itself! 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

I think you will find this has now been adjusted. I know there was a turbulent period where the Wyongshire council were making it hard for people. I fly in and out of there all the time, I believe the current landing fee is $16 for 1500kg, the hanger fees are around 4k a year.

I would be quicker for you to get to Warnervale, what type of AC do you own or oprerate?

Hi KRviator - Please share the fees and charges?

Certainly. They used to be online, but now all I can find is the proposed charges (which were then ratified in a council meeting). So, owing to the performance of the RV, coupled with Wyong Council failing to introduce a "daily" rate, a'la Bankstown or Archerfield, leads to $270/hr in landing fees alone. + a fee just for the privilege of refuelling on 'council' land (not counting the fuel purchased!), etc etc.

I think you will find this has now been adjusted. I know there was a turbulent period where the Wyongshire council were making it hard for people. I fly in and out of there all the time, I believe the current landing fee is $16 for 1500kg, the hanger fees are around 4k a year.I would be quicker for you to get to Warnervale, what type of AC do you own or oprerate?

The CC Aero Club still shows $27.50/tonne MTOW/Landing on their website, as does Council. If something else is actually being charged, that's upto the CCAC, I haven't - and have no plans to - fly out of Warnervale now they've introduced these new fees.

I think you will find this has now been adjusted. I know there was a turbulent period where the Wyongshire council were making it hard for people. I fly in and out of there all the time, I believe the current landing fee is $16 for 1500kg, the hanger fees are around 4k a year.I would be quicker for you to get to Warnervale, what type of AC do you own or oprerate?

I spent last week at Blue Bay on the Central Coast with perfect flying weather.

While laying on the beach with the (2nd shh!) love of my life, I kept hearing the sound of a Rotax and inconsiderate buggers kept flying over the top and tantalizing me.

There were two giro's, both a red and yellow one, looked like MTO Sports to me with empty back seats, plus a trike making regular runs along the coast. I'd have happily paid the landing fee's etc; to fill the other seat. They were probably from Somersby or Warnervale.

I was told "you seem more interested in them".067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

You rotton sods:yikes:, you've got to stop these sort of antics. There was plenty of room to land on the beach.

• Haha 1

The information you have quoted is old. I can confirm that aero club is no longer running the strip on behalf of the council. The strip has recently undergone a $3.5 million upgrade and the general mood is of great enthusiasm for flying.

Gerard

The information you have quoted is old. I can confirm that aero club is no longer running the strip on behalf of the council. The strip has recently undergone a $3.5 million upgrade and the general mood is of great enthusiasm for flying.Gerard

Is there a listing of current fees publicly available? The ERSA says you pay at the office (of the CCAC), whose website (updated late last year) says it is $27.50/tonne MTOW, or $15 for 'training' flights. This marries up with Council's published fees and charges for use of the aerodrome. I have not seen anything that would suggest these are not the correct figures, nor has anyone previously challenged these figures when I've spoken of them. This is partly why the RV is hangared at Cessnock (whose hangarage fees work out to $1,560/year).

wow, im at Bankstown, and pay less for decent hangarage, and half that for landing fees! and i get 3 runways, and a control tower, as well as fuel delivered directly to my aircraft for that! I remember landing at Warnervale a few years ago, to use a toilet, and came out of it nearly $30 lighter.. vowed never to return there. seams like little has changed.

• 2 weeks later...
The information you have quoted is old. I can confirm that aero club is no longer running the strip on behalf of the council. The strip has recently undergone a $3.5 million upgrade and the general mood is of great enthusiasm for flying.Gerard

Hi mate. Did you ever find out the new charges for landing notes the aerodrome has had it's upgrade?

What about hangarage fees, is that the council or private hangars?