Landing fees

This might sound very strange to some of you very experienced RAAus pilots out there, how do I pay for my landing fess if I use a particular airport & how do they bill me?

As you can see from my question I've lived a very sheltered life as a pilot.

Thanks.112_im_stupid.gif.235c6602d589883b543a8ad3d313ca3c.gif

The RAA won't give out our details to those who would like to get fees from us so to pay fees I would say you would have to chase it up with the airport operator. I would say a quick call and I am sure they would be happy to give you payment options.

I am not an expert, I haven't paid landing fees as we are lucky at YQDI but I would guess that is how it works.

• Helpful 1

Some have honesty boxes. Some go on recorded radio calls and sent to registered owners (only works for VH registered aircraft). Some have collectors. A prior phone call will usually sort it out. I pay when required but as most council strips have received government funding I think my taxes have done their bit a lot of the time.

• Like 1

I believe a company called Avdata is contracted to councils to monitor the radio and bill aircraft.

As stated above, RAA will not give out registration/ownership details.

As such many RAA rego aircraft are simply not billed, much to the delight of many pilots.

My preference, if I was to pay, would be to find another way to do it (direct to council/owner). Once Avdata have your details you will be billed where ever they monitor.

I have no problem with donation boxes and would happily throw in a few dollars.

• Helpful 1

and...... you will be billed by them regardless of whether you were actually at a particular field 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif or just passing through a CTAF. I've had recent bills from them for landing at YMMB (Moorabbin - in that case who gives the data to Avdata?) despite not having been there for years.102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

Guest Andys@coffs

I provided avdata my details / aircraft rego and I get an email invoice for airfields I land at. I haven't ever been invoiced incorrectly, or been missed when I should have been charged. While sample size of 1 is no guarantor of the same result, I feel I've done what I should.

Andy

I provided avdata my details / aircraft rego and I get an email invoice for airfields I land at. I haven't ever been invoiced incorrectly, or been missed when I should have been charged. While sample size of 1 is no guarantor of the same result, I feel I've done what I should.Andy

Andy

I think the problem arrises when some people use your callsign to avoid being charged. Less likely with the 4 RAA numbers then picking 3 random letters I guess - but still possible.

In Charters Towers, for example, they have cameras set up - removes doubt and also picks up the ones who don't broadcast in order to avoid the fees (which introduces some obvious undesirable outcomes)

• Informative 1

I got a lot of bills for my Citabria for places like Mt ISA and Perth from Avdata and not easy to convince them It wasn't ME. I reckon it was only typographic error, but a sworn statement should end the issue. You shouldn't be harassed. Pretty unpleasant. Nev.

• Informative 1

I have been billed by Avdata and paid. I have also been billed when I was not landing at the airport. No problem, just give your reasons for not being responsible and they will do the right thing. I found them very easy to deal with.

• Helpful 1