You have heards of the Cri Cri - now watch this!

flying dog

At Serpentine apparently.

Correct. It used to have a pair of Limbach motors, until the two owners decided to go for something a bit different. Very short endurance, makes a lot of noise but flies well. Not something you see every day.

rgmwa

My project at the moment is a Cri Cri like aircraft. I looked into using the model aircraft jets. They have a very low "compression ratio" indicative of a cheap compressor and hence are very very fuel inefficient, very short range. I am using 2 Hirth single cylinder engines. And also a Steel/Kevlar rollover bar.

• Like 2

I nearly didn't see a Cri Cri several years ago at the world expo in Vancouver.... I nearly tripped over it. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gifAlan.

Alan that would have been tragic- first aircraft in history a complete writeoff by been fallen on. I doubt the wing could sustain a clumsy foot nor a whole body.

• Haha 1

My project at the moment is a Cri Cri like aircraft. I looked into using the model aircraft jets. They have a very low "compression ratio" indicative of a cheap compressor and hence are very very fuel inefficient, very short range. I am using 2 Hirth single cylinder engines. And also a Steel/Kevlar rollover bar.

You can't say such things and not give us more info and photos- that is just damn cruel.

Please make a post in the build section etc and include photos- we are waiting and drooling:drool:

• Agree 2

Hi Lighspeed, I am about to start cutting foam, if you're interested maybe you would like to come and have a look. I need someone to help with the hot wire cutting, wife is not the technical type. She doesn't like flying but to her credit we saw most of Oz in the Moon when we had it.

It may be old, but I am just fascinated by this.It is a JET POWERED Cri Cri!

Oh, and look at the rego too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdCt6qgj9k

I saw a piston-engine powered one of these at Henstridge in the UK. I thought it was an RC model until someone came along and got into it....

It then took off and did an amazing display of handling.

These French! Sacre Bleu!

Amities!

Neil

I am not so sure. They are stressed to aerobatic levels. They are very strong. They also pioneered an aircraft foam and aluminum construction.

You best not say too much.. CASA 'legal' have their spies.. and they don't like private R&D. They charged me with recklessly endangering 'myself'.. just taxiing an experimental gyroplane.. They alleged I was in breach of CAR 229 for taxiing an experimental gyroplane on my PPL(A).. they forged evidence in a charge of forgery then denied it and shifted the charge to 'used a false document'.. all with the compliance of ignorant magistrates and judges. My advice get a friend on the inside and trust no one.. Get every decision in writing.

In particular do you have a twin endorsement..?