Jab 230 Accident South Grafton

Once landed with the wind because the big boys were in the circuit already and doing so for morning sun. Took the full 2200m to slow down enough to turn back to exit. learnt my lesson why we were always taught into wind and when to wait outside the circuit until clear if needed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but, it would appear they don't want you to learn how to do it.

But, regardless of whether the current policy in Ops is to discourage LL endorsements by requiring a 'reason', you can seek LL training from an approved instructor. This will improve your skills, as discussed, and it will be logged in your logbook: but you won't have the LL endorsement as such. If we're thinking 'safety' then pilots shouldn't be discouraged from doing some genuine LL training: the official recognition is far less important.

happy days,

• Agree 2

That's certainly the case, and the same applies to "recovery from unusual attitudes". Do it dual in a suitable aircraft. But WHY NOT challenge the current RAAus position.? I consider "if you teach it, they will do it" to be a BS statement, in regard to LL qualification. IF you are taught tailwind landings will you elect to do more of them.? Will you seek to do crosswind landings when there is an in to wind option? Perhaps for practice but not normally.. Plenty of people have gotten into difficulties and come to grief when proper training in most cases would have prevented the outcome, in a LL environment..

It works in the recognition and evaluation of the situation and possible avoidance of it and if inevitable that you find yourself in it , enables a better outcome in most cases, which could be the difference between life and death or serious injury. Nev

But, regardless of whether the current policy in Ops is to discourage LL endorsements by requiring a 'reason', you can seek LL training from an approved instructor. This will improve your skills, as discussed, and it will be logged in your logbook: but you won't have the LL endorsement as such. If we're thinking 'safety' then pilots shouldn't be discouraged from doing some genuine LL training: the official recognition is far less important.happy days,

I refer you to post #40....Probably some of the best returns for my money ever. My Aeroplane is in one piece and so am I.

• Like 1

But WHY NOT challenge the current RAAus position.?

My proposal to include more LL in the syllabus has been on the Ops Mgrs' table for some time. So too is my recommendation to remove the pedantic ' must-have-a-reason' for an LL endorsement: thus allowing pilots to undertake the LL as skills training, (=SAFETY). What better SAFETY activity can we have in RAAus? The LL endo would also be acceptable as a BFR.

happy days,

• Like 1

Well, I'm in furious agreement with YOU. By NOT doing it they are failing in a duty of care. Not preparing people for a known hazard likely to confront them in the normal course of their flying. They are in that situation during an approach or after take off. Nev

My proposal to include more LL in the syllabus has been on the Ops Mgrs' table for some time. So too is my recommendation to remove the pedantic ' must-have-a-reason' for an LL endorsement: thus allowing pilots to undertake the LL as skills training, (=SAFETY). What better SAFETY activity can we have in RAAus? The LL endo would also be acceptable as a BFR.happy days,

Poteroo is there something that the rest of us can do to help your proposals? Should we pen a letter to the Ops mgr or someone else in the office?

We recovered the aircraft yesterday after getting the OK from the Insurance Company. It is repairable but it would not be an economic option. The right hand wing looks OK & the fuselage from the passenger seats to the rudder also looks OK. The horizontal stabiliser & elevator are stuffed, main undercarriage is intact but axles are bent & everything in front of the seats U/S. I was wrong about the spinner. It is stuffed too. Might be an interesting project for a LAME but I suspect the cost to get it flying would be more than its sale value.20161014_120054.jpg.dd2781bd31df998e03d7907cef015f4a.jpg

20161014_120122.jpg.ee1bbe2c3ed28e5ff43f0ffbc43a35ad.jpg

20161014_135544.jpg.9f38e964259022cdbf1ed75a011c3348.jpg

• Like 1

Poteroo is there something that the rest of us can do to help your proposals? Should we pen a letter to the Ops mgr or someone else in the office?

Hi guys please have a look at my post today re low level flying etc

Low Level Flying and RAA Pilot Certs. Random Thoughts of the Day

Probably the reduced value of these aircraft because of what's going on, precludes economic repair. I think they repair well at the factory. That's always been a reason for the high rate of repair compared to many other types. Nev