lies, damned lies, and statistics

BlurE

Don`t know about lies and damn lies, but here are some statistics. This is part of a "Staying Safe" news letter to members.

Frank.

Staying Safe 25 October 2016

Runway Loss of Control (R-LOC)

In 2015-2016, RAAus had over 60% of operational related reports lodged in the OMS whose outcome was attributed to by Runway Loss of Control (R-LOC) at either take-off or landing. The identification of this trend using our Occurrence Management System highlighted the necessity of raising awareness of its causes and contributing factors.

It's the OMS' first birthday!

Our Occurrence Management System is 1 year old!

Since the launch of our OMS this time last year, members and the public have lodged over 330 occurrences. The data obtained from these occurrences is crucial in enabling us to identify trends and assume a proactive response to preventing serious accidents.

Statistics at a glance

Reoccurring trends

Don`t know about lies and damn lies, but here are some statistics. This is part of a "Staying Safe" news letter to members.Frank.

Staying Safe 25 October 2016

Runway Loss of Control (R-LOC)

In 2015-2016, RAAus had over 60% of operational related reports lodged in the OMS whose outcome was attributed to by Runway Loss of Control (R-LOC) at either take-off or landing. The identification of this trend using our Occurrence Management System highlighted the necessity of raising awareness of its causes and contributing factors.

It's the OMS' first birthday!

Our Occurrence Management System is 1 year old!

Since the launch of our OMS this time last year, members and the public have lodged over 330 occurrences. The data obtained from these occurrences is crucial in enabling us to identify trends and assume a proactive response to preventing serious accidents.

Statistics at a glance

Reoccurring trends

Damn lies in these statistics...

IF 60% of operational incidents are R-LOC and that number is at max 8 then total operational incidents = 13.33333 - allow for rounding its either 13 or 14

If Control issues are 8. separation issues are 5 and hard landings are 2 then we get 14 so close

BUT

from the top table the total number of incidents reported is 113 ... what were the other 99 incidents involving???

if its not operational then its environmental or equipment and I would be MUCH more interested in the root cause and the recurring (not reoccurring) issues were within that number was...

And also if R-LOC was such a huge issue why not pull out that as a root cause from both incident and accident and talk to that.

I'm afraid the balloons are pretty and to me indicative of the actual informational quality in the disclosed analysis of the numbers ... all a lot of hot air or gas

• Like 1

You spelled b****** ) wrong. One too many letters. Unless you think there's lots of them. Nev

Well, it got past the author/trypist, and the proofreader............oh, silly me, proofreader isn't a word any more, is it???

I meant more than one B****** as in B******s, which you could represent as B*******.. but IF you meant B*r***** it's a spelling mistake. Nev

Oi, ya carn't use that sorta langwidge! You'll get suspended...quite possibly by the b****!

• Haha 1

So, getting back to the topic, Lies, damn lies and statistics. It's nice to know that statistically I have now flown more hours this year than the measly 3 which my log book tells me I have actually flown, damn weather and work! taz.gif.c750d78125a77f219b0619b1f23e3e90.gif So statistically I'll be an ace before I know it, woohoo! 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif