Transit Controlled Airsapce Laneways

SSCBD

Has anyone got any idea on what the RAA are doing for the membership in regards for actual flying.

For example

How about RAA and small GA, light aircraft transit lanes through "ALL" our control airspace , without any clearance (not to land) at a set height. (500ft north ish or 1000ft south ish as example) Just broadcast intentions for other local traffic using the lane way. Or simple north bound lane and separate south bound lane. If you look at the maps I don't see from my point of view any real conflicts at 500ft but will stand corrected.

I was looking at this Mainly for the coastal areas and a few military zones.

You would not need to involve ATC and not impose any workload (costs) for this to operate.

Specific to cost, along the beach its not hard to maintain 500ft both ways for example north is over the beach and south is say 500 meters off the beach over the water. It gives just you enough to get to the beach at 500ft with engine failure (with most aircraft).

Any thoughts to simplify the Sport Avaition system WITH common sense.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Has anyone got any idea on what the RAA are doing for the membership in regards for actual flying.For example

How about RAA and small GA, light aircraft transit lanes through "ALL" our control airspace , without any clearance (not to land) at a set height. (500ft north ish or 1000ft south ish as example) Just broadcast intentions for other local traffic using the lane way. Or simple north bound lane and separate south bound lane. If you look at the maps I don't see from my point of view any real conflicts at 500ft but will stand corrected.

You would not need to involve ATC and not impose any workload (costs) for this to operate.

Specific to cost, along the beach its not hard to maintain 500ft both ways for example north is over the beach and south is say 500 meters off the beach over the water. It gives just you enough to get to the beach at 500ft with engine failure (with most aircraft).

I can hear CASA, ASA and Military now. "Wouldn't work in Australian conditions" , strange how those pesky Yanks have managed it in one of those quiet little airports they have over there, LAX.

"The next transition route is the Los Angeles Special Flight Rules Area. This route is flown on the SMO 132-degree radial and crosses LAX at 3,500 feet when proceeding southeast and 4,500 feet when flying northeast. An ATC clearance is not required to fly this route - but all airplanes flying this route must switch their transponders to 1201 when they are within the LAX Class Bravo airspace. Pilots must provide their own traffic avoidance by maintaining the correct altitude and by making position announcements on 128.55. A typical announcement might sound like this: "Los Angeles special flight rules area traffic, Cessna 1234, over LAX at 4,500 feet."

How simple is that!

• Agree 1

for example north is over the beach and south is say 500 meters off the beach over the water. It gives just you enough to get to the beach at 500ft with engine failure (with most aircraft) Any thoughts.

Tide height, condition and width of beach,plus aircraft type and pilot skill, determine suitability, for forced landing!

I know you know this but someone else might not think about it, though.

Frank.

Hi Frank - how's the two stroke twitch.

AAAHHHH SSCBD, I love Yuh truly 004_oh_yeah.gif!.... Mate, it`s always there! I`ve done just over 600 hrs with my current 503 DCDI, one set of new rings and gaskets, hasn`t missed a beat, ever, I almost trust it!

Sometimes we cross our fingers. And trust in four strokes.

072_teacher.gif.7912536ad0b89695f6408008328df571.gif All the best then!!!! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank.

The 2 airspaces I know quite well wouldn't work with having such a lane as the arriving/departing aircraft would pass through any coastal lane. In terms of flying overtop again it would conflict, a lot of SIDS use over the top to avoid inbound stars.

Could it work else where? Maybe on a case by case, but rules generally aren't written for each airport.

Has anyone got any idea on what the RAA are doing for the membership in regards for actual flying.For example

The latest Sports Pilot, Dec 16, has a lengthy article from RAA Ops about the latest submission to CASA re. Access by RAA Certificate holders to controlled airspace. Worthy of a good read and a letter of support to CASA, the minister, the PM, the member for Wannon and your local member.