What happened here?

The intsructor on the right was killed in this accident ,looks like maybe collapsed the left gear on touchdown and maybe some prop damage ,so no thrust causing the stall????maybe

• Like 1

Only my two cents worth the student lost it which would be normal on the odd time how ever if you watch the guy on the right he pulls the power back at tree height . Then a little confusion which way there are going then student starts to put right stick on to hold it out of a left turn dropping left wing even quicker .

That instructor was bloody useless! Full power, nose down for speed and bank right toward the runway was required, and pronto!

No way should the aircraft have been allowed to head for the trees!!

That bloke surely couldn't have been a real instructor.....could he? He was totally behind the aircraft.

• Agree 5
  • Winner 1

It looked like they decided to go around and did nothing about the affect of sudden full power has on a slowed down aircraft ie the swing to the left.

The bounce did not look that bad to me I thought what was needed was some power and set up for another flare, instructors do this all the time that guy did not appear to be an instructor.

Pretty grim. I watched it twice (didn't want to really but) The wheel stayed central (level) and the plane slowly rolled to the left till wing vertical. A bit of right rudder earlier would have worked wonders. Confusion Yes. The chap in the RH seat was working the power. If he wasn't the instructor, what was he? Nev

• Agree 1

If he wasn't the instructor, what was he? Nev

I don't really know but what I do know is that pilots that are not instructors try to teach people to fly and endorse them in planes.

If that guy was an instructor then he should not have been, unless something went wrong that we don't know about that accident should never have happened.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

That instructor was bloody useless! Full power, nose down for speed and bank right toward the runway was required, and pronto!No way should the aircraft have been allowed to head for the trees!!

That bloke surely couldn't have been a real instructor.....could he? He was totally behind the aircraft.

I don't really know but what I do know is that pilots that are not instructors try to teach people to fly and endorse them in planes.If that guy was an instructor then he should not have been, unless something went wrong that we don't know about that accident should never have happened.

I think you may be right teck, as I,m pretty sure they are russian

Why was the 'student' holding the stick and throttle? If that was an instructor in the RH seat he should have taken full control. At least he isn't around to harm anybody else. Hope the student came out okay.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The right seat pilot was Instructor Pilot 1st Class Vladislav Vasechkin, who was killed. The student pilot was Roman Chernov who survived. The aircraft was a Harmony LSA.

100% the instructor's fault.

You do not just simply continue to apply control inputs overriding a student when they've messed something up. Then while he's jibbering to the student straight after the botched landing which was effectively a go-around after touchdown, he inexplicably pulls back the power with his left hand on the throttle while still at tree-top height. He realises this and puts power back on all the while still yammering away to the student who still has his hands on all the controls.

You either takeover or you don't. If the student has buggered something up and you want to talk about it with his/her full attention, you take complete control of the aircraft and calmly chat about it when established back in normal stable flight while the student is not attempting to fly the plane and has caught their breath a bit.

So having failed to meet all these basic instructional-technique requirements, the instructor, while both of them were making various control inputs, allows the aircraft to stall and crash.

This was just a tragic demonstration of "How not to instruct 101".

• Like 1
  • Agree 3