Pilot hospitalised after self-made plane crashes at Tumut west of Canberra

Don't believe what you read in the press! Or people who know nothing about flying.

Trouble is that's all the public get to hear or read and that damages our reputation as responsible flyers.

• Agree 5

Trouble is that's all the public get to hear or read and that damages our reputation as responsible flyers.

This guy would have plans built this aircraft, and to do so would have taken skill. I doubt he would change the engine and not do a new w&b before hopping in it. It's a shame most people hear homemade and think of sticks and duct tape with an engine.

• Agree 4

4 cyl in line Car engine of some sort.. Suzuki? "Too heavy, so shut it down" doesn't make sense . It either balanced or it didn't as far as Cof G is concerned and usually some power is better than none. Can't rely on info presented that way though. Just a thought . How hard would it be to find a camouflaged plane that had crashed somewhere ? Hope the pilot is OK. Putting out the grass fire was a good idea. Nev

I'll say one thing, if I ever have the horrid experience of pranging my plane, and am in a position to do so, I'll be letting folks on here know the facts rather than what the media say or what others 'hear'. Even eye witness accounts can be wildly inaccurate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5