2018 is going to be great

Thruster88

I'll bet some wag had "finger trouble" and put in 100,000 hours for the year, just to see what would happen .... Hopefully the system has "unbelievable!" alerts for the staff.

The 12,000 members (actually 11,079) came about when one of the office staff quoted the number of memberships, but failed to take off the ones who had resigned, and the Executive signed that off in the 2011 Annual Report and didn't bother to ask where the extra 1,500 odd people came from.

Is it too cynical to suggest that they are adding the hours reported by pilots to the hours reported to aircraft? That way the 1 hour training flight you do gets counted in the books as 3 hours, one for each pilot and one for the aircraft....

The performance of the SAAO's is demonstrated by their respective bodies accident rates. The GFA worked this out about 2 decades ago and have been falsifying the hours flown by gliders in their returns to BITRE (and thus their accident rate may actually be 5-6 times greater than published). It seems that others may have cottoned on. Double the hours halve the accident rate which dived in the last annual report. I know half a dozen members who collectively flew less than 20 hours last financial year and I bet that there are many similar stories which means that some guys (and girls to be PC) are doing an awful lot of hours.

So politically it is desirable to publish these numbers, BITRE knows they are false (personal communication) CASA needs them to show government that their administrative approach is working, the SAAO's need the recognition to justify continued monopolies which is why Part 149 will never become law.

So from reading above the RAA are making false reports to CASA? Then is CASA accepting (knowingly) these fake hours and using them to get more funding from the federal government.

Don't people get in trouble for that? - or not?????

Am I surprised. No.

So from reading above the RAA are making false reports to CASA? Then is CASA accepting (knowingly) these fake hours and using them to get more funding from the federal government.Don't people get in trouble for that? - or not?????Am I surprised. No.

Actually the BITRE form outlines the penalties and highlights that to provide false information is a criminal offence (see copy of form at the end of BITRE General aviation statistics)

BITRE survey me directly for my vh aircraft, why don't they do the same for numbered ?

I think that the powers that be (CASA, GFA, HGFA,RAA etc) prefer to be in control of the information. (My VH reg glider is not surveyed by BITRE) Remember that control of information is the key to winning any argument.

• 3 months later...
Part 149 will never become law.

I reserve the right to be wrong occasionally - Part 149 came into force July12 - 95.10 is probably critically endangered as a result and no indication in the regulation as to what happens if a RAAO ceases to trade (eg as a result of non-aviation related event). A BS piece of law.

• 5 months later...