flight in a WW2 warbird?

on my bucket list is to go on a flight in a warbird eg Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang, but to be honest there are lots of planes that would do. Has anyone done this in our neck of the woods (Oz, NZ) and if so, any recommendations?

thanks

Guest Guest

Classic Air Adventures operate out of Wangaratta NE Vic. They have a two seat P40 and a Harvard plus a couple of other minor machines, be a good start as anywhere. Hope ya got deep pockets though

on my bucket list is to go on a flight in a warbird eg Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang, but to be honest there are lots of planes that would do. Has anyone done this in our neck of the woods (Oz, NZ) and if so, any recommendations?thanks

Hi,

I went on a flight in a Mustang with MustangJoyFlights a number of years ago. Not sure if they are still operating, but why not call them? Link below....

Bookings

Cheers, Neil

PS It was a birthday present, so not sure how much it cost.....

Guest Guest
$2500 for a Kittyhawk flight....I might be able to get ministerial approval for that if it's birthday and xmas presents for the next 10 yrs.....

I know the guys that operate that set up, trust me $2.5K seems a lot but maint a P40 is slightly more than a sh2tbox Cessna!!

Engine time, actually just over 20 minutes flying including 3 victory rolls and flight over the Thames valley at Dartford

Dual control with me PIC for most of the flight

I know the guys that operate that set up, trust me $2.5K seems a lot but maint a P40 is slightly more than a sh2tbox Cessna!!

yes, I hired a C152 in the US recently for $99/hr! Maintaining a warbird would be a considerably more heroic venture.

NZ warbird costs here ........................................ Warbird Adventure Rides - Flight ExperiencesHarvard $600

Kittyhawk $2500

Spitfire $4050

hard to say ............ 4 x $ 600 lots in a Harvard would be good alternate

Hmmm... $4050 NZ for 25 minutes in a Spit.... and the same price whether aerobatic or non-aerobatic... I might have to add that to my bucket list.

As Gravity said, Classic Air Adventures in YWGT, You will also get to see how they restore P40's and lots of other goodies in his hanger, including Harvard, Ryan, Lockheed Junior Electra just to name a few, Doug is a great bloke with a wealth of knowledge in warbirds, he also flies the collection of warbirds at Temora. You will get the whole experience not just a quick lap in the P40

• 2 weeks later...
NZ warbird costs here ........................................ Warbird Adventure Rides - Flight ExperiencesHarvard $600

Kittyhawk $2500

Spitfire $4050

hard to say ............ 4 x $ 600 lots in a Harvard would be good alternate

"Maximum weight 100kg, Maximum height 6 ft 2. "- Ah crap... I guess I'll remove it from my bucket list, unless I chop off my feet? :(