? Rotax 912 minimum things that need to be done for specific hours up.????

RFguy

You could easily acquire a high RPM, high power output engine - but the two associated problems are the weight of the alternator, and finding an alternator capable of sustained high RPM.

This one is capable of a sustained 6500RPM, but it weighs 20 kgs. That's before you add an engine.

https://www.outbackmarine.com.au/j180-mount-98-series-24-volt-220-amp-brushless-alt

yes, but that's all old stuff .  alternator will be  a 8 to 12  kg.    24V , 220Amps is only 5.28kW !
Needs 400V at 150 amps . 60kW.  yeah.  that's no big deal though. 

Edited by RFguy

Rotary no good Mark, Turbs doesnt like them for this service.  crazy motorcycle engine 50% derated seems reasonable.? maybe'just wild ideas ATM.....

How come we dont see fluid torque converters from high revving engines for reduction in this service, speed output controlled with hydraulics in the box.  ?

informed answers only please  :-) .

11 hours ago, RFguy said:

How come we dont see fluid torque converters from high revving engines for reduction in this service, speed output controlled with hydraulics in the box.  ?

informed answers only please  :-) .

Because of unacceptable power losses.  

they're that bad are they ? I know there were reasonable fuel economy improvements in the 90s when vehicles went to automatic transmissions with lock-up torque converters. but there are alot of cars with CVTs now.

Edited by RFguy

That’s the whole idea, when the converter is locked it isn’t slipping, therefore no losses. Losses are greatest when torque multiplication is greatest. That is generally when the converter is almost stalled.

ah yeah, and why you can thermally overload the TC when (not me) people hold the vehicle on a steep hill  for 30 seconds with the pedal.....

Edited by RFguy

Smoking hot on Fraser Island beach.

Torque converter works overtime when pushing sand uphill.

Do any car maker,s have a thought of using temperature gauges fot trasmission oil .

Lots of After-maket bits, that full offroader,s use.

AND

NO I haven,t put a trannie guage in my Delica !, my bad, but has oil cooler installed

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
Added more