Aust orders 60 Brazilian electric planes

red750

From Yahoo Finance:                     (Not the first of April, is it?)

Shares in Brazilian plane manufacturers Embraer SA have risen nearly five per cent after the company announced 60 electric plane orders from Australia.

Embraer said its electric vertical take off and landing aircraft (eVTOL) subsidiary Eve Urban Air Mobility has received orders for the aircraft from two Australian companies.

Embraer announced on Monday a partnership with Sydney Seaplanes, which will allow it to start implementing electric air taxi operations in the Greater Sydney region. The partnership includes an order of 50 eVTOLs to be delivered from  

On Saturday, Embraer said Australian helicopter operator Nautilus had ordered 10 units of Eve's eVTOLs to operate at Queensland's tourist attractions.

No amounts were disclosed for any of the transactions.

• Informative 2

if you go to the press release on their own news webpage it appears to be mostly dreaming. let's say each of these platforms is worth $6 million then it is a massive investment for a small company which it is unlikely to pay for one aircraft let alone 50.

Then they go on to talk about "potential order of up to 50 units"  then it says that the information may not prove to be accurate. Neither party undertakes to complete this agreement ?  then it mention certification.

I might as well stand on my soapbox and shout to the world that I am going to sell tickets to go to the moon and I have already sold 50 tickets! It would have about the same credibility as this press release

https://eveairmobility.com/eve-and-sydney-seaplanes-announce-partnership-to-bring-uam-services-to-sydney-with-an-initial-order-of-50-evtols/

Forward-Looking Information Is Subject to Risk and Uncertainty

Certain statements in this release may be “forward-looking” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding the potential order of up to 50 eVTOLs, the ability of EVE to deliver eVTOL aircraft in 2026, as well as any other statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Forward-looking statements are based on current assumptions about future events that may not prove to be accurate. These statements are not guaranteed and are subject to risks, uncertainties, and changes in difficult to predict circumstances. Many factors could cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements. As a result, these statements speak only as of the date they are made, and neither party undertakes an obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, except as required by law. Specific factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements include the effect of global economic conditions, the ability of the parties to negotiate and enter into a definitive agreement and realize anticipated synergies, the ability of EVE to obtain the required certifications to manufacture and sell its eVTOL aircraft, and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings of Embraer with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

• Like 1

I don't think "dreaming" is the correct word to use in the context of Embraer - a well-established and financially viable company that also has an eye to future air transport trends. I'd give them a little more street cred than an internet startup that has never sold a single product - but who can produce plenty of glitzy videos, showing "future designs".

The disclaimer in the "News" article is a standard worldwide disclaimer where statements regarding contracts and sales may affect potential and current investors perception of the companys value, and is simply a basic warning that what is projected, may or may not come to pass. As with all sales contracts, they can be cancelled on a whim, and unless there are financial penalties involved, this can hurt the company.

The aircraft sales and introduction projections are slated for 2026, so 5 years away yet. However, I'll wager the contracts involve an agreed performance and cost level, that must meet the purchasers agreed parameters. Not meeting those parameters will likely mean contract cancellation. But I'll wager Embraer have not promised any performance levels, they think they can't meet. The major hurdle will be the regulatory hurdle.

But I notice that these aircraft are not so far advanced that they don't still need a pilot, so they should slot into current aviation requirements, without too much drama.

don't want to sound pessimistic but I this machine is probably 'quiet' compared to a 747 - 'quiet' used in advert

she'd (no disrespect to females) kick up some noise when in action