What UltraLight Do You Fly?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What UltraLight Do You Fly?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am fortunate enough to fly aJ160 and also of late an AT3 which we have just finished building. With a bit of luck I will take it to Camden Haven for all you folk to have a look, its the only one in Australia Regards Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Interesting to note Piper on that list.... what model Piper would be eligable for RAA rego??

I fly the L4 (a military version of the J3) out of Caboolture

(Caboolture Recreational Aviation). It was previously VH registered but meets RAA criteria as well. It's a great little aircraft and a genuine Warbird as well, built around 1943 or thereabouts. You have to hand swing the prop for starting and has a some very basic features such as a fuel gauge comprising a calibrated vertical floating wire in front of the windscreen. When it drops to the red line you have 17 lts left! Airspeed indicator is in MPH. 65HP engine gives about a 60mph cruise. They were known as "Grasshoppers" to indicate their ability in wartime to operate from short unprepared fields.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, back in Sydney for a couple of days...

Say Pylon500 what is that a/c in your avtar?

That would be my LR-2 which I was building up till about 12 months ago when I stopped to build a hangar and house at Taree.

I hope to kit it, but don't think I'll have a prototype by NatFly'08 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

I've had links to photo's at Yahoo, but they are down while new web thingys are being created.

Watch this space.....

Arthur.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Rufus

Almost ready to fly my Golden Circle Air( Indy Aircraft) TBIRD2. 912 Rotax.

Put the wings on last Saturday, have to finish installing dash & instruments, & away we go ??

First one in Australia, very common in U.S.A., was 51% approved by F.A.A back in 1984, several thousand have been built & flown in U.S. & Europe over the years.

Very popular as a trainer. Rag & Tube of course.

Can be seen at Heck Field, where it lives, at our fly-in & b.b.q., Sunday 1st. June.

I also have a TBIRD 2 seater kit for sale, light green fabric, add motor, instruments, & about 100 hours, then go fly.

Want info? Ring me on 0412 724169

I fly Savannah - the 100th kit in Aust has recently been delivered. Don't know how many are flying but as they are a very quick and easy build probably a good majority are flying. Obviously they are such a great A/C to fly that the owners don't have time to join a forum like this. Pity - Savannah flyers have such a lot to offer.025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif

Cheers

Bill

X-Air Hanuman

X-Air Hanuman (not at all like the standard)

Not many of these great little machines about in Australia yet. But they are comming. Quick to build. Nice 80knots cruise and good range.

If your in Victoria and want to see one PM me.

Jim