RAA Member newsletter April 2023

trailer

14 minutes ago, old man emu said:

Perhaps going there will allow the return of discussion here to the original point raised.

I'm not allowed to post to tat thread for some reason

5 minutes ago, onetrack said:

It is a private group discussion and you gain entry by messaging the original discussion starter, who controls who joins the discussion.

Screw that. If you want to move the discussion to another thread that's fine, but make it accessible.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Yeah, something odd is happening. Up top it says "open group", but on the right it says "leave group" - but I didn't ask JackC to join his discussion, and I notice I can post on the thread.

Time for Ian to let us know what is happening with the programming.

Sorry peoples, I am IT deficient, It only worked for members I think. I was able to change it for ALL to post/read etc…..

• Like 2

On 06/04/2023 at 8:21 PM, trailer said:

This extract  from the RAAus CEO is somewhat concerning...
'As part of our ongoing Part 149 obligations, RAAus must provide CASA with a range of statistics, including safety and compliance data. For this first quarter of 2023, we’ve continued to see the same kind of non-compliances occurring, which is disappointing. As an example, we identified two aircraft flown without current registration, eight instances of Instructors operating with expired medicals, six instances of pilots operating without a current BFR, and the list goes on.'

I may be one of the pilots operating with an expired BFR. 

On two occasions recently RAAus have emailed me stating my BFR has expired and I have emailed back x2 the proof I would produce if ramp checked that my AFR is current for the VH and RAAus aircraft I fly. The RAAus record is still showing an expired BFR. I guess my crime is doing last BFR in aircraft with instructor not a member of RAAu$

• Informative 1

On 06/04/2023 at 8:21 PM, trailer said:

This extract  from the RAAus CEO is somewhat concerning...
'As part of our ongoing Part 149 obligations, RAAus must provide CASA with a range of statistics, including safety and compliance data. For this first quarter of 2023, we’ve continued to see the same kind of non-compliances occurring, which is disappointing. As an example, we identified two aircraft flown without current registration, eight instances of Instructors operating with expired medicals, six instances of pilots operating without a current BFR, and the list goes on.'

I may be one of the pilots operating with an expired BFR. 

On two occasions recently RAAus have emailed me stating my BFR has expired and I have emailed back x2 the proof I would produce if ramp checked that my AFR is current for the VH and RAAus aircraft I fly. The RAAus record is still showing an expired BFR. I guess my crime is doing last BFR in aircraft with instructor not a member of RAAu$

2 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Last I heard VH BFR covered it.  Nev.

It definitely does if th VH aircraft has a MTOW less than 1500kg, that was covered in the first and second email reply.

• Like 1