Wanna Fly STOL in Part 103?

jackc

1 hour ago, jackc said:

Sorry people, we live in the WRONG country🤢 We can thank CASA for our snails pace acceptance of a Part 103 category in Australia.

Just look at what we are missing out on?

https://www.toprudderaircraft.com/

Time to dump the characters and get back to work.

The standard format - glitzy, mind-numbing website, that promises you the world - but never even delivers 5% of what they promise. That's if they stay in business for any longer than 5 years, before disappearing into obscurity.

The problem with these companies is they promise you they can deliver on things over which they have zero control - such as local laws and regulations and aviation controls.

Edited by onetrack

16 minutes ago, onetrack said:

The standard format - glitzy, mind-numbing website, that promises you the world - but never even delivers 5% of what they promise. That's if they stay in business for any longer than 5 years, before disappearing into obscurity.

The problem with these companies is they promise you they can deliver on things over which they have zero control - such as local laws and regulations and aviation controls.

It’s a common problem in Aviation, everywhere 🤢

Website aside, it appears to be a lightweight rag & tube which would be both STOL and fit under FAR 103.  So not like they're promising the next flying car.

I got all excited until i read "COMING SOON"... Then watched the video and wondered if the stunt pilot survived to the end... Then i thought why would you want to fly that over a gyrocopter?

Generally when you read "COMING SOON" means they are not yet coming; but they are definitely probably highly excited... or "THIS WILL CHANGE AVIATION FOR EVER", means they have never stepped foot in a library... Better for marketing and sales if you present "ITS HERE"!!! or "SALES ORDERS NOW DELIVERING".

This post is ripe for maximum drift in any direction available 😂😂🤔

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Website aside, it appears to be a lightweight rag & tube which would be both STOL and fit under FAR 103.  So not like they're promising the next flying car.

The good part is, there are many manufacturers coming up with really good airframes and power plants  to match.  Problems are endemic with deliveries, but that is common, due in part to demand and supply of build materials. 
Some WEB sites are promoters of vaporware but that is the modern world, I think it a typical scenario in some cases people looking for venture capitalists, which is a way of getting some designs and prototypes to become real World products.

Generally the Part 103 sector is seeing good growth and full order books, so that can’t be a bad thing. 
But I would sure like to see it in Australia 🤩

• Like 2

On 15/04/2024 at 12:35 PM, facthunter said:

Funny how we have to fight for what we had first.. Funny as in ODD. Don't look for LOGIC..  Nev

Those freedoms are still there. Kasper told us that. 

Quite a few people have been stitched up just by not checking; You could import a FAR103 Aircraft, but why not buy one locally under the Australian 95.10 category?

Here is the website for Ultralights Australia Group:   https://www.ultralightsaustralia.com.au/

It has links to its products: Aerolite, Quicksilver, Flyfox.

Our freedom to fly unlicenced disappeared with RAAus 🤢 How ever Aviation has forged ahead under RAAus to a point where cost will stifle it, in the long run.  I spoke with the owner of the WEB site and our discussion went down a mineshaft, I followed up with an email to further explain, it was ignored. 
One of his suppliers offered to sell me a Part 103 Aircraft direct.  
Having said this, I am considering flying to the U.S. and doing training for Part 103 Aircraft and looking at what is available.

I have had some offers for training.  IF I buy an aircraft, you don’t need to guess what I will do with it.  I have a friend who imports aircraft who said to let him know with a possibility of including my kit, with his container of aircraft, at his convenience. 
Before everyone gets all bitter and twisted, being illegal etc.  Remember,  illegal is….a sick bird 🤩

As an aside I will have a Part 103 training certificate…..

People would ask WHY?  I say, because I CAN 🤩🤩

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Pardon my ignorance here as someone who is not yet flying - but if you currently hold an RA-Aus pilot certificate because you fly your Aeropup or Jab or whatever, doesn't that cover a 95.10 aircraft too?  Or do you need type training, and if so, how do you get that in a single seat ultralight anyway?

• Like 1

The moment you fly an unregistered aircraft, you come under the long tentacles of CASA as RAAus are not part of enforcing that.

Mind you, CASA will be very pissed about it, but they have done nothing to already police many unregistered aircraft and their similarly unlicenced pilots. Queensland is a big state 🤩

Training is done in 2 seat aircraft signed off for the purpose. You simply get a training certificate, which you don’t even legally need in the U.S. 

Learn in something similar then off you go for Pt 103 or just teach yourself (which I don't recommend).   With a bit of experience you'll manage it. Nev

• Winner 1

18 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Pardon my ignorance here as someone who is not yet flying - but if you currently hold an RA-Aus pilot certificate because you fly your Aeropup or Jab or whatever, doesn't that cover a 95.10 aircraft too?  Or do you need type training, and if so, how do you get that in a single seat ultralight anyway?

Have a look through 95.10

In some classes of power parachute, the qualification is RPC. In other cases around 15 hours instruction.

2 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Learn in something similar then off you go for Pt 103 or just teach yourself (which I don't recommend).   With a bit of experience you'll manage it. Nev

Part 103 is in USA.

Here we fly the same aircraft in 95.10.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

I don't see the difference between any of the 103 aircraft available and a thruster, single or two seat flown solo. How is your thruster going Jack?

Well we accept International Drivers Licences here 🤩 Maybe My training certificate will cover me for Part 103 here, too.🤩

Look Turbo, I am hearing you but we should have back what we once had BEFORE RAAus.

And I am pushing that era as a low budget, no b/s method of Aviation that  RAAus don’t want, because of loss of income to them.

Well, it’s not their choice, the buck stops with CASA and we  need pressure put on them…….

5 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

I don't see the difference between any of the 103 aircraft available and a thruster, single or two seat flown solo. How is your thruster going Jack?

RAAus grounded it from training 🤢 Some b/s they are trying to pull on me, that I need to sort out. And IF the crunch comes to the crunch……I have way to fix that too. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackc said:

RAAus grounded it from training 🤢 Some b/s they are trying to pull on me, that I need to sort out. And IF the crunch comes to the crunch……I have way to fix that too. 👍

I’d sort that out first.

In the  60's the DH82 Was removed from being classified as an initial  training aircraft. You could still teach spins aeros and t/w endorsements.   Nev

• Informative 1