new electric aircraft

China will make anything you want at a price you are prepared to pay 🤩. I started a Motorcycle Import business 10 or so years ago,  That was a learning curve of immense proportions, early Zongshen engines were unreliable at the start, they got better as they went, electrics even more so, carbies were branded Mikuni, yeah right 🤩. Ever seen antilock motorcycle rear brakes….I ordered that option on 200cc models, cable operated and actually worked!!  They cast our desired name in the engine crankcases, badged and stencilled name on seats etc.  Warranty was 2 extra bikes per 20 foot container so just rob them for parts. The cheapest bike available was USD149.00 ex Chongquing? Pull start weed eater style engine, with centrifugal clutch, was never game to buy any 🤩

Give China time and the quality gets better, how long to you want to wait?  They now make many big brand name cars…….  

• Informative 1

They have the capacity NOW. Remember when JAPAN  car wasn't much..? It's ALL much more high tech now. Trouble is if you don't watch they will cut corners. There's a lot of Chinese Parts in makes you wouldn't be aware of.  Anyhow, how good is a JEEP/? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, facthunter said:

They have the capacity NOW. Remember when JAPAN  car wasn't much..? It's ALL much more high tech now. Trouble is if you don't watch they will cut corners. There's a lot of Chinese Parts in makes you wouldn't be aware of.  Anyhow, how good is a JEEP/? 

Jeep is made by Fiat.

3 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Chrysler isn't It. Fiat is made by Chrysler. . GM pulled out of Fiat.Nev

As of about 35 seconds ago Fiat owned:

Abarth

Alfa Romeo

Chrysler

Dodge

Ferrari

Fiat

Fiat Professional

Jeep

Lancia

Maserati

Ram Trucks

SRT

• Informative 1

Not so , with the New Super gadgetry cars .

My favourite! .

Mercedes automatic seat adjustment. 

That if stopped,  before the  cycle has Finnished 

Requires a new module  to be installed .

spacesailor

2 hours ago, aro said:

A 72kWH battery will run a 90kW motor for less than 1 hour. Reduce to 50% power and you can probably claim 1 hour plus reserve.

How long will 100kg of avgas run a 120HP engine at 50% power? That's the problem...

Avgas will not be available in the future, well after 2030 or thereabouts. The point is that battery technology is increasing dramatically with this latest innovation doubling energy density. The future in aviation may not all be electric but there is a lot of investment already being poured in to short haul electric passenger aircraft, piloted and unpiloted. Unless we get fossil free low emission fuel, i.e. no CO2 emissions piston engines have a pretty limited future. There is a lot of development going in to very low emission with zero CO2 turbine fuels though.

Using old language.   100 Ah " lithium battery " powering a 40 hp motor .

That is what ultralight aircraft   need .

They were the forefront of flying for many decade's. 

The Hummel-Bird looks a great candidate for a new EV modification. 

but with it's 6 ltrs p hour . Not many will bother converting .

spacesailor

36 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

As of about 35 seconds ago Fiat owned:

Abarth

Alfa Romeo

Chrysler

Dodge

Ferrari

Fiat

Fiat Professional

Jeep

Lancia

Maserati

Ram Trucks

SRT

No they aren't. They are all owned by Stellantis based in Amsterdam. This is a conglomerate of the merged Fiat Chrysler and PSA groups. They also own Vauxhall and Opel shed from GM when they went bankrupt & got bailed out by the US government & Peugeot.

1 hour ago, kgwilson said:

No they aren't. They are all owned by Stellantis based in Amsterdam. This is a conglomerate of the merged Fiat Chrysler and PSA groups. They also own Vauxhall and Opel shed from GM when they went bankrupt & got bailed out by the US government & Peugeot.

If you want to go up the financial structure to Stellantis you have to add the following brands.

• Citroen
  • Opel
  • Peugeot
  • Vauxhall

24 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Great instability in the Auto  world. .You'd be surprised at the other alliances out here. Nev

It's staggering how much has changed since 2019 when I did an analysis of the lot. Adding to the cross owbership you referred to is the Chinese supply route into older brands.

5 hours ago, aro said:

A 72kWH battery will run a 90kW motor for less than 1 hour. Reduce to 50% power and you can probably claim 1 hour plus reserve.

How long will 100kg of avgas run a 120HP engine at 50% power? That's the problem...

142L at 12L hr for 60hp of cruise power in an LSA ultralight clocking 100kt; about 12hrs max endurance... Burning trees wins again...

10 hours ago, jackc said:

I have spares everywhere, don’t need dealer to reset ECU when I fit a new battery 🤩

IMG_6539.jpeg

that hj47 if thats what it is would sell for 30 to 40 thousand these days. sought after collectors items now.

Aero 2024 Friedrichshafen opens tomorrow. That is where you will really see what direction new aviation technology is headed. There will be dozens of YouTube’s out by the end of the week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Freizeitpilot said:

Aero 2024 Friedrichshafen opens tomorrow. That is where you will really see what direction new aviation technology is headed. There will be dozens of YouTube’s out by the end of the week.

then i apologise for starting this thread. i thought it was new technology.

Not at all !  There will be lots of ideas and tentative steps, business ventures, failures and successes. That’s how progress works !

I just meant that Aero is an aviation expo where new stuff and conceptual stuff from across Europe is presented to the aviation industry. Just like the motor shows that display ‘concept’ cars, some elements may eventually make it into production. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Freizeitpilot said:

Not at all !  There will be lots of ideas and tentative steps, business ventures, failures and successes. That’s how progress works !

I just meant that Aero is an aviation expo where new stuff and conceptual stuff from across Europe is presented to the aviation industry. Just like the motor shows that display ‘concept’ cars, some elements may eventually make it into production. 

yes, i will be checking it out on youtube,

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

I like the 'Dovetail ' but it is a " turboprop " .

spacesailor

i think its just a drawing of a kingair but the seaplane looks like it might be the real thing.

Edited by BrendAn

9 hours ago, BrendAn said:

i think its just a drawing of a kingair but the seaplane looks like it might be the real thing.

They are doing the conversions for Sydney Seaplanes who have stated they want to be completely electric and emissions free by 2025. To convert a turbine caravan requires 900kg of Li batteries. Most of their flights are 20 mins or less.

i note Rex also intends to convert some of their Saab 340s.

• Like 1