Great Eastrern Fly-in Evans Head

Scottw

In hindsight the windsock could have been a meeting place ...

On the prop vertical vs horizontal debate, I'm with Slarti. Both of us had props horizontal being used as a handy towel drying rack. :thumb_up: (Does this mean that people who dress the prop vertically don't shower? I guess it could hold one towel, so perhaps they don't shower with a friend!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have photos, now I need to work out how to put them on.

Hey you can insert them into the Photo Gallery, and then post Here for a chance to win...!

Ps. Then to get them into this thread from there, just click on the option at the bottom of all the smiley's.

so perhaps they don't shower with a friend!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif)

Oh dear, so does that indicate...? Slarti? Mazda? 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

We parked about 25 meters from the windsock... A Rec flying flag on the tail of your aircraft is a good idea I reckon, and hat, preferably on ones head.

Hey Tomo, just like to add my 2 cents to the thread- great photo's and vid and as long as passionate pilots like yourself keep flying our recreation is in great hands. Unreal- you even got a photo of my new Jab (7279)!

Theres a fly in at Palmer Is just down the road- 23/24th Jan- some of the flying tigers from Boonah are heading down- may be a good excuse to all meet properly???

Hey Tomo, just like to add my 2 cents to the thread- great photo's and vid and as long as passionate pilots like yourself keep flying our recreation is in great hands. Unreal- you even got a photo of my new Jab (7279)!Theres a fly in at Palmer Is just down the road- 23/24th Jan- some of the flying tigers from Boonah are heading down- may be a good excuse to all meet properly???

Now that's exactly what I was talking about, hadn't heard about that one - will have to see whether I can arrange a seat this weekend. Any more details Neil?

Hey Tomo, just like to add my 2 cents to the thread- great photo's and vid and as long as passionate pilots like yourself keep flying our recreation is in great hands. Unreal- you even got a photo of my new Jab (7279)!

We only except 5 cent donations... but what the heck! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Thanks Ballpoint, It seems I managed to get pictures of forumites, but never met up with them...! Except Spin.

:thumb_up:

Slarti's towel rack.

You never thought your Sheeter would become such an important role in maintaing ones dryness did you Slarti?!

Should make a good sticker: "Feel a bit moist? Just use a Prop" 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

The bloke on the right in the second one looks a bit like "pelican streak" 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

You'd be rightly correct with that to Qu...err... Qwerty! The other bloke to my left is the Legendary Dunlopdangler.

I'm thinking that'd be Scottw trying to get a bit higher up in life!

That was a great weekend. It was bloody hot, and I got too much sun, but enjoyed a lovely swim, excellent flying weather, great displays and met with a few (too few) forumites.

Sorry to have missed so many of you.

Greats shots Tomo and ScottW. Love the departing Cheetah shot.

I'll get some photos up when I have time.

I was concerned at the higher than usual oil temp on the way home until I checked the OAT - 36 degrees at 2500 feet over the coast!

Did Victor 1 in both directions too. That route rocks (if you lost the engine you'd be on the rocks rooted).

Evans Head is a fantastic resource. Lets hope it remains an airfield and the Air Park gets off the ground, so to speak.

[ATTACH]9663.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9664.vB[/ATTACH]

P1094154.jpg.af192e6e457e6fd2dad57aed93cf9ee4.jpg

P1104221.jpg.d2133ea539a1ca3c701eed5c189abf7c.jpg

Anyone we know?

G'day Spin and guys no that guy on the stand is not actually me, but I do know that photographer.

If any of you recall seeing a Blue Ford Fairlane with a flashing light on top airside that was me. I didn't get to let you guys know before the event that I was going airside because I was waiting confirmation of vehicle approvals from the Richmond Regional council to operate airside.:thumb_up:

I have quite a number of images and I will post over time.

Thanks again

Regards

Scott

Hi Scott, my photo was a stab in the dark - I get the impression you are more than a "happy snapper" and the bloke in the photo had obviously taken some trouble to secure his vantage point. Well done on securing airside access, it certainly does pay dividends.

Hopefully we will catch up at some stage - Toowoomba if not before.

Cheers Carl

Hi Scott, my photo was a stab in the dark - I get the impression you are more than a "happy snapper" and the bloke in the photo had obviously taken some trouble to secure his vantage point. Well done on securing airside access, it certainly does pay dividends.Hopefully we will catch up at some stage - Toowoomba if not before.

Cheers Carl

G'day Spin

mate I consider myself just a happy snapper. I just love what I do, I love aircraft and love taking images of guys flying their aircraft and consider myself very fortunate to be in the position to do it.

I will get down to Boonah one of these days too when you guys have an event on

Are you considering coming across for the Clifton Fly-in. Might catch up there I will be airside for that one too.

Thats funny, David, i had no problem going into the visiting a/c, area, their was a dude watching, the first time i /we went in he didnt say anything. I went straight to 2 visiting a/c, just after they shut down, and pretty much stayed there.(shade under wing).Their was a couple of guys with vests on asking me if it was my a/c, i told them that it was a mate of mines, (but that was probably 40 minutes later).They said no worries. Good point though, i will take a safety vest in the future.Cheers

Interesting point David, I was airside quite a lot!keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif Especially when I went out to the Westpac Chopper, I guess we were marshaled out there, but I sort of stayed and ...err... was exceptionally interested in the Heli! Great vantage point there!

Mum and I sat under someone's aircraft for lunch airside-ish... I guess our aircraft was nearby and so they didn't say anything?!

Maybe I just looked important! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Don't worry it has actually happened before! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Safety vests are as stupid as ASICs and no nail files. The whole world has gone completely nuts....they are idiots, the lot of them. 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Safety vests are as stupid as ASICs and no nail files. The whole world has gone completely nuts....they are idiots, the lot of them. 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Hey they have to draw the line somewhere! Imagine kids and people unawares wandering around near the runway while you have Avenger Torpedo bombers taxing and landing, taking off, Antinov's etc...

If one person without a vest is seen outside, then others are going to follow suit! It's a wonder they didn't follow me about!? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

I had my ASIC in my pocket, but that isn't going to stop someone running me down!? i_dunno

032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

I will get down to Boonah one of these days too when you guys have an event on

Are you considering coming across for the Clifton Fly-in. Might catch up there I will be airside for that one too.

G'Day Scott, I'm losing track of things, when is the Clifton event, other commitments aside, I'll definitely make the effort for that one.