Great Eastrern Fly-in Evans Head

Scottw

Great photos Tomo. Looks great wish I could have gone but had to work :-(

Made up for it by doing about 2 hours "Drifting" around Boonah though. Great weather we are having now!!!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments guys! much appreciated! makes taking pictures worth while when others enjoy them!

Though near on 400 of them can be an arduous task to go through! keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Ps. A video will be put together sometime soon also...

I don't know about being a legend Tomo, if anyone deserves that handle, would have to be Matt Hall...made the visit to a great day out exceptional. The photos are also brilliant, thanks..I think we will be making you "Official Photographer" to our "Wings and Wheels" in August.060_popcorn.gif.cda9a479d23ee038be1a27e83eb99342.gif

I don't know about being a legend Tomo,

Well that fella on the radio called you 'Sir'....!

But I do agree, Matt topped it off, he was just having so much fun, you could see it!

We really need some sort of secret handshake. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I think I missed most of you. I was there yesterday and left this morning. I met David Isaacs and Slarti (thanks to the T-shirt) but unfortunately not the rest. I did see SXI too, walked past it a few times.

Hi mazda, i agree, it would have been nice to meet.:big_grin:

Hi All

Wasn't there ( did meet Flying Dog on his way up though) but a real shame so many couldn't catch up.

Maybe in future we should have a standard " Recreational Flying " meeting place for all events - Same time , same landmark, regardless of event.

Turn up with your rec flying hat and T shirt on and see who else is there

eg

at 11.30am (I suggest a 10min window to see if anyone else shows)

near the main gate, official tent, southern most hanger, largest plane, coke machine, (by the cheetah. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif though I think I read it was unfindable at one stage 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif)

Open it to suggestions from the regular attenders. A feature that is most common at all events would be really good.

Would that work ?

Maybe one of the real regular attenders could have a Rec Flying Flag to put up

at 11.30 at the chosen spot for the 10 mins - or just look for someone in a RF hat or Shirt.

I'll throw my support behind that idea, Tracktop.

David, I saw what was probably your Cruiser near the entrance but the camp looked deserted when I walked in. Next time!

Maybe we should move this part of the discussion to a dedicated thread? When's the next one, Toowoomba and Watts Bridge are a bit later in the year in SEQ although I seem to recall that Jacobs Well are putting something on in March.

Ian what do you reckon? Maybe we could all have Rec flying caps, that way walking around we could recognise each other

David

Added to the Stickers thread

Hi david i also saw your cruiser at the gate. Nice tent mate. I couldnt find anyone at your camp. My ute was parked out side, i took the missus, she only wanted to go on saturday. Im glad you had a good time, it was great.Cheers

Guest JRMobile
BTW ...did anyone see the new J230 bounce ...once .... bounce twice.... bounce three ...er no power up and go around and recovery ... very well done...who is going to own up?Yes it did look scary going for the third bounce but he did well with the go round.

The other small incident on Saturday was a KR 2 (i think) landing with a flat tyre and heading bush to the center of the feild, again handled well. Very pale pilot and passenger when they got out!

Caught up with Slati (that aircraft does stand out in a crowd) and Flying Dog who worked his butt off marshling most of the weekend, missed the rest of the crew.

Hat or teeshirt makes a lot of sense when you have a large crowd with lots happening.

Great weekend!!!!!!!!! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Sooorrry Ian!!

Seriously though, that would be a great resource - nothing worse than reading all the enthusiatic posts on a Sunday evening and realising you missed an event. This was part of the reason I butted into Al B's Redcliffe, Caboolture etc thread, because I think most of us have a small group of flying buddies that we tend to go places with, but I for one would welcome wider participation in fly aways etc.

All the upcoming events are listed on the left of the Home Page and also at the bottom of the Forums Main Page

It is possible for a forum member to still request a reminder for any event, and there used to be the capability for any member to signify in the Event description that they are interested or intend to attend, but that signification capability looks like it is no longer available.

Yes Capt...they can still request a reminder to an event and an email is automatically sent to the user at the "Time Before Event" setting they entered.

The Attendance code was removed due to a conflict with some other code a while back however that can now be added back in so I will do that as well.

Yes Capt...they can still request a reminder to an event and an email is automatically sent to the user at the "Time Before Event" setting they entered.The Attendance code was removed due to a conflict with some other code a while back however that can now be added back in so I will do that as well.

Thanks Ian (though I am sorry if I added more work).

Event Attendance has been added to the Calendar system now. This means for any event a person can have an RSVP system with their event or for a general event users can add their username to the event as either Yes or they are Maybe going