sport pilot market

Sport pilot market reduced to one page !!!

What's going on?

It can't be that no one is trying to sell

and

it can't be that all ads are hidden away on that advertising site

could it????

85 visible on the link off the RA-Aus website. Having them in the magazine has always been good material for dreaming over, but virtually anyone seriously interested in buying is going to rather follow the internet version. Even the online magazine's ads are static aren't they?

85 visible on the link off the RA-Aus website. Having them in the magazine has always been good material for dreaming over, but virtually anyone seriously interested in buying is going to rather follow the internet version. Even the online magazine's ads are static aren't they?

That would depend on whether the online version is user friendly. This one certainly is not.

• Agree 3

It's my own fault for not looking it up but I haven't really read the magazine since it went online. I perhaps should have subscribed to the paper edition but now it doesn't come in the mail I just haven't bothered anymore. Hopefully I haven't missed to much.

• Agree 6

I havn't advertised anything via Aviation Advertiser recently but assume when submitting an advert an extra amount needs to be paid IF the add is to also appear in the magazine??

Handing the Members Market over to AA was a backwards step. The new RAAus Website could of handled the "Members Market" very well.

• Agree 3

That would depend on whether the online version is user friendly. This one certainly is not.

:typing:What is it exactly that makes this one difficult to use? I normally get there via the RA-Aus site and it takes me straight to the RA aircraft for sale, newest listings at the top - and I'm no internet genius.

• Agree 4

:typing:What is it exactly that makes this one difficult to use? I normally get there via the RA-Aus site and it takes me straight to the RA aircraft for sale, newest listings at the top - and I'm no internet genius.

Try using it from a tablet

• Agree 1

Guest Benjamin

Mike and others. If you are experiencing difficulties with the service, please feel free to email me or contact me on my mobile. If you do not have my details, please feel free to PM me and I shall be happy to provide them for you. If you would like to know more about the partnership with RAAus or the successes that we are building together, please also make contact. I shall be more than happy to explain why the partnership is a positive thing and how it is building success within the industry.

Try using it from a tablet

Don't have one handy, but tried my phone and I'd say the site hasn't been optimised for devices other than computers - from my lay perspective that is. I have to say though, there are many worse sites and I don't get the hate campaign.

Guest Benjamin

Our development team are working hard on our mobile and tablet optimization package. We expect to be rolling this out towards July-Oct 2016.

The one here on Recreational Flying is not only FREE but also optimised for mobile device display and has been for several years and has a readership of 3,000 unique visitors per day plus it is dedicated to recreational aviation...did I mention FREE, we don't aim to profitise from the industry...it is afterall recreational

In fact I find it extremely hard to believe, no impossible to believe, that a web site would take 6 months to apply responsive design for mobile use. This entire site was converted into responsive design for mobile devices, including image uploading and html5 proper css coding in under a week, so I am not sure what is being said here

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Aviation Advertiser is slow to load, clunky, freezes up, doesn't return to original place after viewing an aircraft for sale and won't load anything but page one.

And that's on a PC with ADSL 2...........I can't name another website that's as bad.

I'm not trying to bag them but it's frustrating trying to browse the site...which is a shame. I just wish they would get up to speed.

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

It is not a hate campaign, I spend many hours out queuing in trucks, and on the road etc. Most of my free internet time is when I am held up on the road. I don't have the luxury of sitting in front of a desktop and when I do it is normally for office work.

We had a wonderful easily accessible resource that I spent many hours browsing. The new resource is in my situation almost unusable. Someone mentioned the resource and I gave an opinion.

There are two things that have become next to useless to me since I joined. Doesn't mean that I have a downer on RAA just means that I am unhappy about those things and as such will voice my opinion. As you say on the desktop the advertiser site whilst not brilliant is acceptable, on a tablet/ipad it is useless.

I would say the next time you vote for an RAAus board member ask them if they support this site and if they do then vote for them, if they don't then don't vote for them. If the RAAus board didn't hate Recreational Flying then perhaps we could start working together to create the best benefits possible for every member without all the problems. I have always been open to ways this resource can do more for the members

• Like 3
  • Informative 3

Some testing needs to be done for iPhone/iPads coz often I have to close my browser to be able to browse the site again. I also find that when this starts to happen, I can feel my phone getting hot and hence the battery drains quickly after this. When this happens I have to kill the browser.

Very frustrating...I wonder how heavy the code is...too much advertising perhaps?

I only have ipad and only get 2 bars of service .. I recently advertised on both this great awesome free site and also paid for advert on aviation advertiser. I had no probs at all. I had already been viewing aviation advertise without any trouble? I advertised on 4 sites fir maximum reach... 2 site are free others are paid. No problems at all?

Aviation advertiser even called within a few hours to confirm everything. Actually spoke with a real person.lol. Rare theses days

My argument would be if RAA are now financially better off with the move( removal) then Ide suggest they move these savings on to the members in form of reduced fees!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

I've had it with aviationadvertiser... nothing has improved, slow, freezes, the browser session chews about 6 times more RAM on my pc than any other session . Different devices, browsers make no difference. I don't see why it should chew up 600MB+ of RAM if I open up an instance on this site. All I want to do is drool over some aeroplanes!086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

Guest Benjamin

Could you please contact our office on (02) 8215 6292 as I would like to speak in person to you about the problems you are experiencing.

IF you take a look at the site counter... http://www.aviationadvertiser.com.au/ad_info.php

You will see that the classifieds are being loaded at a considerable pace at this time... Some 2.5 million classified views have been accessed in the first 4 months of this year..

Currently our organisation has put together an industry rally in Tamworth on friday 6th May 2016, engaging with the Deputy PM, Transport Minister and Chair of CASA - fighting for the rights of the aviation industry. Over the past two weeks the service traffic on the site has peaked considerably and we are aware that this has slightly degraded performance. That said, as I write this, i am accessing the service from my Optus 3G Mobile data connection on the road, and I am capable of searching the site site and viewing listings without any significant delays.

Have to agree with Magnetodrop. I now have 4g with a speed check of around 20mbs and there has been no improvement in the loading of this site. Still very slow to load an individual advert.

Data Hungary as well.

Mike

• Agree 1

Perhaps we move tthe classifieds section from here into its own site and open it up to everything aviation. The software is extremely powerful and I am only using a touch of its capabilities. To do this though I would have to charge say $10 an advert. Its up to you all if thats what you would want as an alternative

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

Ian, great idea. There was no discussion with the membership of RAAus about moving the Members Market. Adverts in Sport Pilot are 10-20% of what they used to be.

i guess members dont want to pay the fee for a sport pilot advert IF the advert is not going to be read.

Mike

Yes I am sorry to say that my experiences on Aviation Advertiser is similar story to others, I find it slowwwwww to load and yes I believe someone said that when you look at aircraft for sale and you go back to the listing it takes you back to the 1st page not to where you were...this is very annoying so.... with this and the slow loading of pages I don't go onto it to often ...I am also working on a PC and ADSL2.

David

• Agree 1

Ok guys, i will set up a separate site for classifieds for the whole industry and make ads free or if you want one featured it wil cost $10 to feature it.

Just need a name for it and give me a couple of weeks

• Like 5

Guest Benjamin

We have not received a telephone call from you MAGNETODROP. If you are experiencing difficulties, we would like to better understand and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this.... It's one thing to complain, but I am inviting you to discuss the issues with us, so that we can help resolve any problems if they do exist.

DGL... if you have performed a search, and you are then looking at a specific aircraft listing, you simply click the "Back to search results" link above the title of the listing..... This has always been there and works as it should. If you require assistance or would like one of our staff to give you a guided tour of the services, please just call. We would be more than happy to help you.

Come on guys... if you are legitimately experiencing issues, drop us a line and lets discuss it. Aviation Advertiser receives millions of page-loads and is used extensively across Australia.

Rather than posting negative complaints, why not talk to us directly?