The Diary of Jack Flyer

flyerme

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All....happy you are enjoying the book. It was my pleasure to help Tim edit the book after another had done a quick proof read. There were a lot of spelling / grammer mistakes corrected the long hard way with Tim and I comparing notes for around three weeks.The mistakes/ spelling errors that were left in we thought added to the rough, quick nature of a rough and quickly written diary by a country gentleman. The book may not have happened if we hadn't moved it along as we did in an attempt to get it for Avalon..( which didn't happen). Both Tim and I spent many valuable hours on getting it to you, which neither of us had to spare. I am personally overjoyed to have helped Tim and to now see the book in print.

During the layout process by the printer they wanted more bucks to re- edit the book after also noting some mistakes. Tim and I agreed 'stuff em' it adds to the character of the hole ( whole !) story........:).....sorry. Hope you all agree !...

Thanks again mate. RIP Maj...

• 1 month later...
Black Betty,, Being transformed/rebuilt for movie...And the Red Baron. ( on set pic)[ATTACH=full]41037[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]41038[/ATTACH]

Which movie? how long is it going to take you to rebuild?

Which movie? how long is it going to take you to rebuild?

Movie based on my book. ( this thread) " The Diary of Jack Flyer" ( book on ebay ;) ) 13 mins of movie is completed to final cut/edit.. Chinook replica ( Red Baron)took 2 weeks to rebuild , new fabric hardware etc.... After 14 years sitting ... jackaroo is a much bigger job being almost a new biuld. I estimate another couple months due to finance and finding a damn prop!!!!! Need a tractor Prop turning clockwise sitting in cockpit.. For robin ec44 55 hp belt reduction. I also have the unique Invader MK 2 Motor glider To rebuild ( 14 hp) stick control only..Mo rudder pedals

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

Movie based on my book. ( this thread) " The Diary of Jack Flyer" ( book on ebay ;) ) 13 mins of movie is completed to final cut/edit.. Chinook replica ( Red Baron)took 2 weeks to rebuild , new fabric hardware etc.... After 14 years sitting ... jackaroo is a much bigger job being almost a new biuld. I estimate another couple months due to finance and finding a damn prop!!!!! Need a tractor Prop turning clockwise sitting in cockpit.. For robin ec44 55 hp belt reduction. I also have the unique Invader MK 2 Motor glider To rebuild ( 14 hp) stick control only..Mo rudder pedals

Tim

If you get backed into a corner (and if it would fill the bill), I have an un-used Catto 2-blade wood prop, 55 X 33, with your required rotation and rotax bolt pattern that might suit. I don't particularily want to quit it but if it would get you in the air I'd probably swap you for a signed copy of your book, a pair of tickets to the launch of the movie and two boxes of popcorn. cheers Riley

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1

TimIf you get backed into a corner (and if it would fill the bill), I have an un-used Catto 2-blade wood prop, 55 X 33, with your required rotation and rotax bolt pattern that might suit. I don't particularily want to quit it but if it would get you in the air I'd probably swap you for a signed copy of your book, a pair of tickets to the launch of the movie and two boxes of popcorn. cheers Riley

. That be awesome mate :). Wow thanks. Pm me. I have a brolga 3 blade tractor off a rotax 582 I'd throw in also ?

PM me if interested - I have a couple of Newton wooden props from the UK that would suit ... one off an EC and the other off a R447

TimIf you get backed into a corner (and if it would fill the bill), I have an un-used Catto 2-blade wood prop, 55 X 33, with your required rotation and rotax bolt pattern that might suit. I don't particularily want to quit it but if it would get you in the air I'd probably swap you for a signed copy of your book, a pair of tickets to the launch of the movie and two boxes of popcorn. cheers Riley

Box Jaffas and dress circle seats

• 4 months later...
I did a seaman's diary which included a shipwreck in 1850, in two versions.

Sue you must be the oldest member on the forum, so I fully understand the greying on the snout. lol pmsl

Thanks to the intense low hanging over Queensland and NSW this weekend I got to read this riviting and exciting tale from days yonder, Jack Flyer should be flying off the shelves faster than Biggles can count combs.

What an awesome yarn, thanks Tim, maybe the ebook version could be called "The Diary of Jack Eflyer", being of probably similar age, I quite relate to this story but in cars and motorbikes instead of planes, although it was a area I always wanted to enter, growing up in those times and more so if from the country it was a totally different era, a time when rules were something you only found in the Army or Police Force, and grammar slept with granpop and a visual is not warrented.

It's painful having to wait all those years for the statuette of limitations runs out and you can fess up to the occasional choof, and other things mentioned that could have landed other not so brave lads behind bars, lol those poor people of Swanhill who missed their chance to bag a couple of felons, maybe the reason for all the tall fences around airports these days.

Anyway, great read, kept me glued and begging for more, thank god it was an older thread and I didnt have to go thru all the finger drumming foot stomping waiting for the next chapter release, thanks to all for all the other occasional short inputs and keeping the thread on track, some of these threads make it really worth while joining a forum like this, thanks one and all for all the info contained in the forums many threads, I will never catch up but may cotton on, lol

And Tim if any copies left that may have been personally signed by the author, put me down for one.

Cheers

AussieB1rd

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Be with all the Jacks tonight, Capt Jack Sparrow, Capt Jack Morgan, Jack Flyer and Capt Pegleg Thanks me matey, I have a fist fulla gold, and looks like an interesting adventure

• Like 1