The Worlds Best Quote To Date

Guest john

Guest john

In 55BC Cicero penned the following quote:

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the ARROGANCE of OFFICIALDOM should be tempered & controlled, & the assistance of foreign lands should be curtailed, lest ROME will become Bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance".

SO EVIDENTLY WE'VE LEARNED BUGGER ALL OVER THE PAST 2069 YEARS. HOW TRUE TODAY:juggle:

tumblr_lzxruuiqcf1r9trw1o1_1280.jpg.703efdc84d2609be5583ce28ad514d9b.jpg

The source is actually from a fiction novel called, “A Pillar of Iron” by Taylor Caldwell, in which a fictional Cicero is spoken of by the narrator of the novel, to have had such beliefs.

So it is a Cicero who said this, just not the Marcus Tullius Cicero of Roman fame, pictured (busted) above.

In 55BC Cicero penned the following quote:"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the ARROGANCE of OFFICIALDOM should be tempered & controlled, & the assistance of foreign lands should be curtailed, lest ROME will become Bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance".

SO EVIDENTLY WE'VE LEARNED BUGGER ALL OVER THE PAST 2069 YEARS. HOW TRUE TODAY:juggle:

I think the reason Rome was bankrupted was because of spending on their armies, not on social welfare. If that's what you mean we should cut down on, I agree wholeheartedly.

I think the reason Rome was bankrupted was because of spending on their armies, not on social welfare. If that's what you mean we should cut down on, I agree wholeheartedly.

I think the USA is making the same mistake as Rome: Their National Debt has continued to increase an average of $2.37 billion per day ($99,000,000.00 US dollars per hour) since September 30, 2012. 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

What would Tony do if he was in charge there?

• Agree 2

Looks like the bloke I supplied automatic gates to who never finalised his bill, then shot through.Just half a man, who needs propping up.

To get your money back you should have taken 'a fence'

Problem solved!

Big flash house with 8 car 3 level garage full of vintage, veteran and megabucks cars overlooking Sydney Harbour and a wedding with 150 guests next weekend and the needs to impress.

Suddenly gates no worky. Yee Ha, you beaudy! You pay me and gates fixed no charge on the spot under warranty.

Reluctantly agreed, and a 50 cent capacitor had it all up and running and money in my pocket albeit 4 mths late. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

So I didn't take any further a/fence or offence.054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Three men - English, French and Irish, were on holidays in Sydney in 2000 when the Olympics were on. They wanted to see some events but couldn't get tickets for love or money.

One of them had the bright idea of pretending to be athletes, to which the other two enthusiastically agreed.

The English bloke fronts up to the guard, dressed in a pair of budgie smugglers.

"I say, old chap, could you let me in? I'm on the English swimming team, you see."

The guard finds this reasonable and lets him in.

After a little while, the French bloke saunters up, in shorts and singlet and holding a hub cap he's flogged from a parked car.

"Excusez-moi, mon ami," he says. "I am in zee French team, throwing... 'ow you say... zee discus!"

Again, the guard can see nothing amiss and lets him through.

Shortly after, the guard is confronted with the sight of an Irish chap dressed in long johns and surrounded by coil of barbed wire.

"Top o' the mornin' to ye!" the cheerful Irishman says. "Can you let me in? I'm an Irish athlete."

The guard looks him up and down. "Oh yeah?" he says suspiciously. "What event are you in?"

The Irishman is puzzled. "Isn't it obvious?" he says, pointing to his outfit...

"....... I'm here for the fencing!"

• Haha 1