6 Warnings before updating to iOS8

ahhh the haters are gunna hate!

Say what?

I have had one for a year and gone through 3 useless io7 updates each time making my iPhone painfully worse, get on the internet seeking help to find thousands with the same issue and never a resolve from Apple. Go look for the "Trust this Computer?" issue, can't connect to my own computer without being asked everytime FFS, and actually being rejected most times, what a joke, what was that Apple nerd on thinking I don't know the computer I have just manually plugged a USB lead into my phone from? Seriously, have your own computer constantly reject your own phone and see how you feel about it. I download all my pictures now by sending them to my email first.

I have tried all the suggested remedies to no avail but my question is even if I did have appropriate software, what about when i go to use someone else's computer and they don't. My last phone stored everything on it's own USB and worked on any computer download and upload, simple as.

Now a week ago had a 4G card fitted and it's slowed it down so badly, above what it had already been slowed to, as to be nominated as frustratingly useless, been tempted to throw it as far as I can a few times since - sick of it and going to get a Galaxy G5 next week.

I could sit here for a bit and list the quirks but the most irritating one is dialing a number and then 2 seconds later having the screen saver (blank screen) kick in, try that when topping up your phone charge or needing to dial extensions, yet if I do anything else the screen saver doesn't kick in for minutes draining my battery - and it's not adjustable. Crappy camera also, mind you it takes so long to open what you wanted to photo has gone.

I already knew it wasn't a great phone from my Wife's iPhone, but the only reason I got one also is because it supported Viber (which is brilliant and I talk to and message my family everyday in Oz for free) but now that Galaxy supports Viber ....

iOverit.

If Apple made Jabiru Aircraft Engines...

Complaints like:

I have had one for a year and gone through 3 useless Jabiru updates each time making my Jabiru painfully worse, get on the internet seeking help to find thousands with the same issue and never a resolve from Jabiru. Go look for the "Trust this Engine?" issue, can't run my own engine without being asked everytime Choke ON?, and actually start is rejected most times, what a joke, what was that Jabiru nerd on thinking I don't know the engine I have just manually squirted etherstart into my engine from? Seriously, have your own engine constantly reject your start attempts and see how you feel about it. I download my fuel now by sending them to my jerrycan first.

I have tried all the suggested remedies to no avail but my question is even if I did have appropriate fuel, what about when i go to use someone else's aircraft and they don't. My last Jabiru started everytime on it's own battery and worked on any fuel, simple as.

Now a week ago had a Rotec TBI fitted and it's slowed it down so badly, above what it had already been slowed to, as to be nominated as frustratingly useless, been tempted to throw it as far as I can a few times since - sick of it and going to get an Ellison throttle body next week.

• Haha 5
  • Winner 1

I spat my coffee out AJ! 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

put your coffee down then... the last bit dropped off..

I could sit here for a bit and list the quirks but the most irritating one is dialing the key start and then 2 seconds later having the starter (black body) kick in, try that when topping up your battery charge or needing to dial frequencies, yet if I do anything else the starter doesn't kick in for minutes draining my battery - and it's not adjustable. Crappy dipstick also, mind you it takes so long to open what you wanted to measure has gone.

I already knew some of this from my mates Jabiru but the only reason I got one also is because of Fly-Tornado who is brilliant and I talk to and message him everyday in on here for free but now that FT supports Rotax ....

iOverit.

• Haha 2

I already knew some of this from my mates Jabiru but the only reason I got one also is because of Fly-Tornado who is brilliant and I talk to and message him everyday in on here for free but now that FT supports Rotax ....

iOverit.

Now you have made me spit my coffee out and thats pretty hard to do considering that I was drinking tea.

Cheers Geoff13

• Haha 2

Terrific, especially if you have downloaded all maps and info for Avplan on a 16 gb Ipad on a limited broadband usage plan. What are you supposed to do to update, delete all your maps and then pay again to re download ? Not very consumer friendly !!

• Agree 3

T

If Apple made Jabiru Aircraft Engines...Complaints like:

I have had one for a year and gone through 3 useless Jabiru updates each time making my Jabiru painfully worse, get on the internet seeking help to find thousands with the same issue and never a resolve from Jabiru. Go look for the "Trust this Engine?" issue, can't run my own engine without being asked everytime Choke ON?, and actually start is rejected most times, what a joke, what was that Jabiru nerd on thinking I don't know the engine I have just manually squirted etherstart into my engine from? Seriously, have your own engine constantly reject your start attempts and see how you feel about it. I download my fuel now by sending them to my jerrycan first.

I have tried all the suggested remedies to no avail but my question is even if I did have appropriate fuel, what about when i go to use someone else's aircraft and they don't. My last Jabiru started everytime on it's own battery and worked on any fuel, simple as.

Now a week ago had a Rotec TBI fitted and it's slowed it down so badly, above what it had already been slowed to, as to be nominated as frustratingly useless, been tempted to throw it as far as I can a few times since - sick of it and going to get an Ellison throttle body next week.

TBI ISNT A PLUG & play .

They have to be tuned ,

There heaps better than than the bing

well my good old iPhone 4S on IOS7 works finedon't have any dramas.....but like all computers you really need to shut them down completely every couple of weeks just to flush them on a reboot

My iPhone 4 has been upgraded to iOS 7 and is laggy as anything, I have just spent 20 minutes trying to convince my 17 yo daughter not to do the same thing to her iPhone 4s with iOS 8. I don't know that I succeeded. Good general advice would be , if your device is the most primitive that is eligble for any Apple update, DON'T DO IT. Their intension is to make you dissatisfied with your toy and make you buy the new model, a quite deliberate marketing ploy that is time proven for them so they aren't going to stop now.

• Agree 1

.....but like all computers you really need to shut them down completely every couple of weeks just to flush them on a reboot

Is this an apple thing, I haven't heard of it before, but I am about to start a trial on my laggy phone. I always minimise the windows and close them after use, even phone and message,that helps a lot.

I just upgraded to ios8 on my iPad and wish I hadn't. I used to be able to double click to delete icons running in the background but can't seem to do that anymore. Also the home screen looks different and cheap. I think I will leave my iPhone 4 where it is and can't understand why the iOS 8 upgrade made it all look so different!

Just at a restaurant before, a bit away from it's owner 5 star hotel and the WiFi was iffy but had signal.

Viber'ed my Daughter in Oz and as usual the moment the number starts ringing the screen goes black and a shake of the phone brings the screen up again (sometimes, sometimes not) to find while it's ringing, the WiFi has dropped out and it's gone from free to full rate service. Besides not being able to see the number pad for extensions while following instructions, I also can't see the loudspeaker button.

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea and I am peeved that I can't change it like every other phone I have ever owned.

I just upgraded to ios8 on my iPad and wish I hadn't. I used to be able to double click to delete icons running in the background but can't seem to do that anymore.

... and that, they tell you what you can and can't do with your phone.

Over it, will have my Galaxy once I have used up all my current credit.

Im

Just at a restaurant before, a bit away from it's owner 5 star hotel and the WiFi was iffy but had signal.Viber'ed my Daughter in Oz and as usual the moment the number starts ringing the screen goes black and a shake of the phone brings the screen up again (sometimes, sometimes not) to find while it's ringing, the WiFi has dropped out and it's gone from free to full rate service. Besides not being able to see the number pad for extensions while following instructions, I also can't see the loudspeaker button.

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea and I am peeved that I can't change it like every other phone I have ever owned.

... and that, they tell you what you can and can't do with your phone.

Over it, will have my Galaxy once I have used up all my current credit.

I am in Paris at the moment and no probs vibering to Sydney, good Wi fi at my Hotel though. But reluctant to update iPhone to ios8

I just upgraded to ios8 on my iPad and wish I hadn't. I used to be able to double click to delete icons running in the background but can't seem to do that anymore. Also the home screen looks different and cheap. I think I will leave my iPhone 4 where it is and can't understand why the iOS 8 upgrade made it all look so different!

But you will have to update ALL your devices so you can move to the new cloud!