hi, I'm Debbie.

Guest debra stewart

Guest debra stewart
'Fun Nazi' is a pathetic excuse for someone who thinks that gross behavior should be acceptable because it isn't meant seriously, because it's just a gratuitous insult.W have way too many 'XXX-Nazi's' in our community. We have faux-feminists who see an insult to their gender in any comment, when confident and accomplished women laugh the same comment off as the utterances of less than intellectually capable males. We have the 'lycra-Nazis' who cannot understand that riding at 15 kph in the centre of a lane of a 110-kph road is dangerous, stupid, and an assumption of 'territory' outside of reasonable excuse. We have Federal Ministers who consider that the sexual availability any female is a rightful perk of office.

There is a HUGE difference between giving those who have an inflated opinion of their own importance a reality call and giving offence to those who are doing a damn good job of their lives given the circumstances under which they operate.

If you are 1.6 or so metres high and 45 or so kgs heavy - that's simply a fact of life, not an aberration to be mocked.

If you are a male pilot with more accomplishments than Hanna Reitsch ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanna_Reitsch) - despite her ACTUAL Nazi affiliations - then I would accept that you have a basis for denigrating small, female pilots.

If you do not, then I suggest you are being a tool.

I will not dignify this rant with an answer suffice it to say that I am an old hippy who lives by "Peace, Love and Happiness". I am kind, loyal , intelligent and a good friend. I despise your type of rant that makes an innocent, flippant "tag" seem so important. There are far more important things to be concerned about in this world. DO something instead of writing to people you don't know, saying things that are highly inappropriate. Never forget that to survive one must have a sense of humour. Your life must be so miserable to not be able to have a giggle at a stupid, nonsensical but innocent choice of words. It is what it was about, not the words themselves. Grow up. Have a look around you at how successful (not) political correctness and the sanitisation of our beautiful english language has been. Is this a democracy? Do we still have free speech and the right to have a legitimate opinion? We can no longer talk about things that concern us for fear of being labelled racist, homophobic, etc.etc. We must agree in public with the status quo, or else ! What ever happened to honesty ? If you want to live in a world free of all colour and light then do it, but leave the rest of us alone, please !!!!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest debra stewart
So Deb,If I fly over and push it into the hanger on my own do I win a slab?

I couldn't afford a slab of dirt at the moment with rego's and rates and planes blah blah blah, aint life fun? Debb

Guest debra stewart

I may have gone off a bit about Oscar's overreaction to "fun Nazi" so I apologise to anyone who may have been miffed. They weren't my words but I am standing up for the person who said them as he has a right to say whatever he wants to say. It was not a pathetic excuse, nor a gratuitous insult, nor was it denigrating female pilots. I certainly did not take it that way. Yes, we have faux feminists and all the rest, but it's what makes the world go round eh?

"Calm down and smile" may be the order of the day-me included !

Don't want to open old wounds but want to point out about the cricketer Chris Gayle who apparently said something like I was waiting for you to see your blue eyes, maybe we can go for a drink later or something to that effect.

Now he has been fined 10,000 smackers abd faces worldwide sanctions. I don't see anything wrong with what he said, he simply said to a reporter you have nice eyes and ask her for a drink.

Maybe he could have done it off field and off camera, but jeez I would be bankrupt in the billions if I got fined 10K everytime I did that.

Now just today there is uproar because a channel 7 presenter hugged miss universe australia who is now a coworker, massive uproar yet they both have come out and said we are best mates and we joke around like that off camera.

Both partys concerned have said there is nothing to it so that should be the end of the matter, bit no people who have nothing to do with the matter decide to cause shit.

http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2016/01/09/13/20/sunrise-bombarded-with-complaints-after-sports-reporter-hugs-new-weather-presenter

Guest debra stewart
Don't want to open old wounds but want to point out about the cricketer Chris Gayle who apparently said something like I was waiting for you to see your blue eyes, maybe we can go for a drink later or something to that effect.Now he has been fined 10,000 smackers abd faces worldwide sanctions. I don't see anything wrong with what he said, he simply said to a reporter you have nice eyes and ask her for a drink.

Maybe he could have done it off field and off camera, but jeez I would be bankrupt in the billions if I got fined 10K everytime I did that.

Now just today there is uproar because a channel 7 presenter hugged miss universe australia who is now a coworker, massive uproar yet they both have come out and said we are best mates and we joke around like that off camera.

Both partys concerned have said there is nothing to it so that should be the end of the matter, bit no people who have nothing to do with the matter decide to cause ****.

http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2016/01/09/13/20/sunrise-bombarded-with-complaints-after-sports-reporter-hugs-new-weather-presenter

It is all madness ! I sit and wonder sometimes at the stupidly of the world and the horrors in it. One would think that after all we have been through that we would have some inkling of how to treat people and how to behave.

There never seems to be a happy medium , it is all or nothing, from one extreme to the other.

Yes, I pity people who speak their truths only to be shot down by a politically correct society that really has no idea. We are being forced to say things we may not truly believe al for the sake of

"not offending" another person.I still think honestly is the way forward, even if it hurts sometimes.

Debb

Don't want to open old wounds but want to point out about the cricketer Chris Gayle who apparently said something like I was waiting for you to see your blue eyes, maybe we can go for a drink later or something to that effect.Now he has been fined 10,000 smackers abd faces worldwide sanctions. I don't see anything wrong with what he said, he simply said to a reporter you have nice eyes and ask her for a drink.

Both partys concerned have said there is nothing to it so that should be the end of the matter, bit no people who have nothing to do with the matter decide to cause ****.

Last time I posted this story, which is the personal experience of Jill Stork, you said "Seen that street video ages ago"

It had nothing to do with any video, but shows how the constant clumsy male gets under women's skin.

Almost always it's followed by "What did I do WRONG!?"

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/so...d-by-street-sexual-harassment-20151216-glomep

This is a lot different than a female walking down the street and having blokes saying things as they walk past.

They were talking to each other during an interview and he simply said you have nice eyes how about a drink?

No problem there....

as previously mentioned when this video was posted, that is not on every women has the right to walk down the street free of harrasment.

I admire women walking down the street as most blokes do but I keep my comments to myself.

The Chris Gayle incident was done while he was being interviewed so he did not make random comments as she walked past, he simply said you have nice eyes as he was looking into them and asked her for a drink.

I guess you are sticking to reference to the video in Jill's story for a reason, and that probably explains your comments, but Jill's story is her own story, and Australian story, not some US version.

It is no longer possible to make a romantic approach in the workplace, or in public view, and the restrictions just keep getting worse. The only way men and women will be able to get together in future is through dating apps where the female gets to view and assess all details before agreeing to a first conversation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Debbie, sincerely hope some kind soul has been able to overcome the problem you had getting your pride and joy into the hangar.

A small fabricated steel frame dynabolted to the floor, with a cheap boat winch set at a comfortable height, should make it easy to pull in, and above all cheap to make.

Not heard any positive progress reports, which is a shame.

Hope someone local comes to your aid.

Anyone in the club with a welder should be able to knock one up in no time

Kind Regards Planey

• Like 1

Hi Debbie, sincerely hope some kind soul has been able to overcome the problem you had getting your pride and joy into the hangar.A small fabricated steel frame dynabolted to the floor, with a cheap boat winch set at a comfortable height, should make it easy to pull in, and above all cheap to make.

Not heard any positive progress reports, which is a shame.

Hope someone local comes to your aid.

Anyone in the club with a welder should be able to knock one up in no time

Kind Regards Planey

Yes, I too hope it is all sorted (or being sorted) by now.

• 1 year later...
Guest debra stewart

hi guys long time no chat ! Well, haven't I been to hell and back. Thought I had carby trouble but ended up being gearbox - $5000 quote. Ended up costing slightly less. Boy am I broke now. That was my holiday to Japan, my very first holiday in my whole life Yes,I want to hear plenty of :"poor you's". Trouble is the mechanic took the plane up for a 45 min flight after all was fixed and came back pretty happy but he had never flown it prior to all the hassles. I got in yesterday and was so excited to see how it went, when I got to 3000 revs and a "clapping' sound was coming from the prop. Now the prop had been balanced etc at the same time the gearbox was being fixed. Carbies all done. Everything pretty much done.

After the job itself was done the mechanic took the plane straight up. First though we went through the spectrum of revs and a lot of other stuff before he left and it sounded beautiful. Unfortunately due to bad weather he had to leave straight after, meaning I didn't get a fly in it . Until yesterday I hadn't been up in it for a couple of months since the whole saga began and even yesterday it was on the ground as I had no-one to come up with me, still being technically a student, I could not go up alone. I am devastated. Wal from Bert Floods did the job on the gearbox, an L2 did the prop and the carbies etc. it went well for him. Why a week later am I hearing a clapping sound? I have found someone to come up with me today but now my joy has turned to worry because of that sound. I'll go out now, start it up and see how it sounds. Wish me luck. Does anyone know if this sort of thing is common after a gearbox change or prop balance?

OK I;m off, bye for now, Debb

If there's funny noises or vibrations , certainly don't fly it. Even running it is not likely to help anything without some (mechanical type) there to sort it out. You are not having a good run. but be patient and persevere. Nev

Hi Debb, getting back to your parking problem, how wide is your hangar, how much clearance at the wing tips? Asking and wondering if you could actually taxi the plane in. You still need to get that step fixed and a couple of iron plates would easily do it reasonably cheaply. Pushing the plane out with a nose wheel steering arm would be easy for you to handle as well.

Just a thought.

hi guys long time no chat ! Well, haven't I been to hell and back. Thought I had carby trouble but ended up being gearbox - $5000 quote. Ended up costing slightly less. Boy am I broke now. That was my holiday to Japan, my very first holiday in my whole life Yes,I want to hear plenty of :"poor you's". Trouble is the mechanic took the plane up for a 45 min flight after all was fixed and came back pretty happy but he had never flown it prior to all the hassles. I got in yesterday and was so excited to see how it went, when I got to 3000 revs and a "clapping' sound was coming from the prop. Now the prop had been balanced etc at the same time the gearbox was being fixed. Carbies all done. Everything pretty much done.After the job itself was done the mechanic took the plane straight up. First though we went through the spectrum of revs and a lot of other stuff before he left and it sounded beautiful. Unfortunately due to bad weather he had to leave straight after, meaning I didn't get a fly in it . Until yesterday I hadn't been up in it for a couple of months since the whole saga began and even yesterday it was on the ground as I had no-one to come up with me, still being technically a student, I could not go up alone. I am devastated. Wal from Bert Floods did the job on the gearbox, an L2 did the prop and the carbies etc. it went well for him. Why a week later am I hearing a clapping sound? I have found someone to come up with me today but now my joy has turned to worry because of that sound. I'll go out now, start it up and see how it sounds. Wish me luck. Does anyone know if this sort of thing is common after a gearbox change or prop balance?

OK I;m off, bye for now, Debb

You don't have a seat belt hanging out the left or right door; also check there is nothing else loose around the engine, cowls etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Guest debra stewart

Thanks guys but I went with my instincts and got out there thismorning and went over everything I could and after a little while warming it up it came good and sounded lovely. The CFI turned up and he had a good look over and a listen and we both reckoned it was good to go..

The "clapping" noise had dissipated and I'm sure that's just a slight tiny weeny imbalance in the prop from when it was done properly at first but then taken off for the gearbox to be done, and put back on again, maybe it was just a settling in thing.

Anyway, we only went out for about 70 mins because the weather down here is horrible but it flew beautifully. I'll get the mechanic out to have another 'go over' and make sure everything is Ok. It is idling a little bit low for my liking so I want that fixed anyway. They are a constant worry that's for sure. Normally I would not leave the ground but I couldn't think of anything that hadn't been fixed, checked, re-done, whatever, so with another opinion, we went up.

Yes, I've had one hell of a time and I don't need to go through all that again. I don't think I could stand it. Mechanics are hard enough to find down here, let alone getting one to come out and do the job, until it is FINISHED.

So my little darling "Scout" is bedded down for the night now and I'm a wreck. Good cuppa and some valium wouldn't go astray, ha ha. Too tired to even lift the jug at the moment,

Hope you guys are faring better !!! thanks all, love Debb

Guest debra stewart

yeah,I know but there is nothing as good as a good whinge !!! So I'm taking the opportunity to have a 'weapons grade' whinge and get it all out of my system, ha ha.. Bloody planes. Never a dull moment.

Be good guys, love Debb