Yay, working in Melbourne

Admin

It's about time but I am working again but what makes it a big YAY is that it is in Melbourne...no more travelling back and forth interstate for the time being so more time with the family, not to mention the money and can afford to buy steak instead of pasta each night.

• Like 16
  • Winner 2

It's about time but I am working again but what makes it a big YAY is that it is in Melbourne...no more travelling back and forth interstate for the time being so more time with the family, not to mention the money and can afford to buy steak instead of pasta each night.

Great news!

You left the ACT just in time. Despite the supposed global warming, the ACT and surrounds have experienced their coldest winter in about 50 years. Frequently the overnight temperatures have been down to minus 8 degrees Celsius. Brrrr.

Great news! 

You left the ACT just in time. Despite the supposed global warming, the ACT and surrounds have experienced their coldest winter in about 50 years. Frequently the overnight temperatures have been down to minus 8 degrees Celsius. Brrrr.

Mr Eighty Knots, I believe scientists (99% can't be wrong). Perhaps you believe that aircraft defy gravity and the reason is magic? We are recording historically unprecedented temps and the global ice caps and glaciers are melting (see Polar bears).

Just a friendly heads-up. Don (in Canberra)

• Agree 2
  • Haha 2

It's been minus 12 often in the 50's (Canberra) Nev

I lived there for 2 years, it was always sub zero through both Winters, but I had to leave due to the wind, it played havoc on my ears. Wasn't a hard decision to move to Brissy next!

Was up in the Brindabellas one night and it was minus 8 with a wind chill factor of minus 15 = minus 23.

Hot in summer, cold in winter and full of public servants who dress well. Waste of a reasonably good paddock and an unnecessary expense. On the right day it can look alright. Of the beaten track. ABC .Anywhere But Canberra. Nev

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1
  • Caution 1

A concensus here? This is the Recreational Flying Forum that PILOTS frequent. Nev

Yeah.........I was just trying for a subtle hint at the instantaneous thread drift away from Admin's good news.......sigh

• Agree 1

Yep, great news for you Ian, I'm sure your Daughter will love you having you home more - as well as not wanting you at the same time!

Teenagers .... !

I still stand by what I wrote in post No 3: Great news!

Hopefully you won't have to move away from Melbourne again for some time, Ian! I also trust your work is fulfilling and enriching.

Thanks all...I am making sure that $1.2b of State money is being spent under proper governance, prudency and process for all Victorians

• Like 1

Thanks all...I am making sure that $1.2b of State money is being spent under proper governance, prudency and process for all Victorians

Oh, good! My kids have suggested at times that my views are Victorian....am I eligible???

• Haha 3

Ahhh Ian

Taking over Dan's job a Premier

Well done

• Like 1

hold the bloodyyy plane there young alf ian is bloody good but trying to transplant brains to dans mob don't wish that on him 097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif100_please.gif.86b3bfbc115b0271e90584d59019e59a.gif neil

No probs with that Neil all Ian's new cabinet are brain dead so no transplant needed

Easy job

Point and tell them how they are going to spend the 1.2 billion wisely

Oh BTW Ian

Congrats on whatever your doing

• Helpful 1

That is going to be a big task!

• Agree 1

In China you could make a good dollar making sure the money was spent prudently, nudge nudge, wink wink.

• More 1