Gate admission to - Air Venture Australia

I agree Yenn . The airshow was too far away, obviously caused by fear-of-litigation considerations.

Next time, I would like to meet up with other forumites who attended, I should have suggested a time and place.

Overall, the 35 dollars for 3 days was not excessive when you saw all the stuff, like tie-downs and dunnies and venue-tents that had to be paid for up front.

The real highlight was flying there and back.

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid many 100's to fly there so 30 was loose change for me.

Did I get 30 value?

I can't believe anyone complaining about the $30, someone had to pay for the airshow and special features.

Mind you, it raises a question if you actually want an airshow or not, I am for not, and I just watched the best of the Russians a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

I agree the air show was a bit of a way away but I would say that was to maintain the runway as the display line? Places like Gunnedah that have the runway much closer to the viewing area are better setup for this but you can't have everything.

Maybe it could have been gotten around by using the taxiway as the display line but then you would have had bigger delays between acts as the next act wouldn't have been able to be under the current display, on top of that if the aircraft camping/parking section was in line with that taxiway (can't remember if it was or not) it would have had to be emptied of people for the duration of the performance.

It was still very enjoyable but I did notice the avenger was noticeably quieter than other closer displays that we have had.

I can't believe anyone complaining about the $30, someone had to pay for the airshow and special features.Mind you, it raises a question if you actually want an airshow or not, I am for not, and I just watched the best of the Russians a few weeks ago.

One presumes you're merely using my quote as an example for the remonstration, otherwise you obviously didn't read my post. 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

My commentary on admission price complaints was probably largely reflective of locals, all coming in the car park side, many very confused by the increased Saturday charge. That's probably an advertising/communications issue on part of organisers.

Cheers

Ramjet

so you plainly didnt read my post in full.I wont bother entertaining your small world anymore then.

Err, yeah, ok, I was actually agreeing with you in as much as that $30 was a non-issue and that numbers were mumbling about it, by your ears and in this thread.

Took my Daughter to her favorite Jap snack bar at Carindale Shopping center last week and walked out $60 lighter for example, $40 to fill up the little rent a Getz, etc, ... makes $30 for an event look cheap.

• Caution 1

• 2 years later...

I believe the last show at Narromine was run by SAAA and was free.

As far as I am concerned the RAAus run shows are not worth the money, but you could see the airshow without paying an entry fee, it was so far away from the paying crowds.

Talking to a friend this morning and he is really pissed off. He bought a ticket to Airventure with the express aim of having a chance to win the Bushcat. He was going to buy a kit and had been talking to the agent, but decided to see if he had won the prize aeroplane. Not at all happy and has since decided to buy a second hand Savannah with  only a few hours on it.

I did talk to him about the Bushcat prize and also pointed out that he had earlier said that all he wanted to do was fly cheaply. That was when I was trying to get him to vote against RAAus becoming a company. He now sems to be coming round to my way of thinking about RAAus, but way too late.

He tells me that the Airventure organiser has paid for the Bushcat and also the engine. He fears that the organiser is going to be ay out of pocket.

"He tells me that the Airventure organiser has paid for the Bushcat and also the engine. He fears that the organiser is going to be ay out of pocket."

Isnt that quite the opposite to whats claimed? if they had paid why isn't it being given away? Why ask RAA members to bail out the giveaway?

I only said what a mate of mine told me. The truth or otherwise is for you to decide, but even so it has little bearing on why the Bushcat was not raffled off as advertised.

Maybe the organiser will not be out of pocket, but unless everyone agrees to sweep the whole matter under the carpet, I cannot see him getting off without a loss of plenty of money.

What I was trying to point out was that a lot of people are willing to stand by and disregard bad behaviour, saying that they want a quiet life.