Time to revisit the site

Admin

I think it is time to revisit the site, its function, its capability, its service to all recreational aviators. Time to perhaps look at a Wish List of what the site could perhaps deliver/provide you all...so how about it, what would you like to put on the Wish List?

I will start although derived from a specific user's request:

Aviation Book List - details about the many different books written about aviation

Aviation Movie List - details about the many different movies concerning aviation

Plain English Weather Converter

After all, I am stuck here in Melbourne in lock down so it will give me something to think about/do

...over to you

I think it is time to revisit the site, its function, its capability, its service to all recreational aviators. Time to perhaps look at a Wish List of what the site could perhaps deliver/provide you all...so how about it, what would you like to put on the Wish List?

I will start although derived from a specific user's request:

Aviation Book List - details about the many different books written about aviation

Aviation Movie List - details about the many different movies concerning aviation

Plain English Weather Converter

After all, I am stuck here in Melbourne in lock down so it will give me something to think about/do

...over to you

Is it possible to have Plain English weather converter for New Zealand?

I'm sure we could provide an understandable weather report for the Kiwis without too much trouble.

""Choice, ay?" - Fine weather

"Oooh, that's a bugger" - A front rolling in with zero visibility

"Uff ya take off now, you'll kark it!" - Weather making it too dangerous to fly

"Outlook is a bit suss" - Weather deteriorating

"Piece a' pus" - Fine weather, not a cloud or weather problem in sight

"If ya wanna head to the wop wops, forgut it, the weather sucks out there today" - The weather is poor in that remote region you planned to visit today

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

That looks like a good way to create entries, but the entries are basically sales blurbs. How an a discussion be carried out.

The same thing, elsewhere, would allow the movies to be dealt with.

It works like normal, there is a comment box at the bottom of the listing.

Both Books and Movies follow the same design except with movies, an entry also has the stars listed and their short bio

Here are some screen shots of Books:

Screenshot1.thumb.png.af8c088b201b62969e1ec5f61ac0dad2.png Screenshot2.thumb.png.fba4196c41b6de515d3741defc763619.png Screenshot6.thumb.png.de42da6c78d0d137e621e4bf90700cee.png Screenshot7.thumb.png.3fc1f2e58418a62e0ff4095df7776b5f.png

Ans here some screen shots of Movies:

Screenshot1m.thumb.png.7befb8a1767fee2f0b51f17302ca832e.png Screenshot2m.thumb.png.9d3c13f1669950d9a371b385e40da509.png Screenshot4m.thumb.png.06e0e189399a03f9353a61456b16ec1b.png Screenshot6m.thumb.png.914f34ee7e50237482b6c19d2ee94229.png Screenshot7m.thumb.png.cdddbeb8bae1144f123834e5b480dd01.png Screenshot8m.thumb.jpg.e665aa2b24b41846ff285fe5aeb609a9.jpg

The Off Topic sister site www.socialaustralia.com.au will probably get these extra sections added first but they will be general lists unlike here which will be Aviation related only

That's good that it's going into socialaustralia. I think it will be of great use there, catering to more generalised scope of interest. Car books, DIY books, novels and non-fiction. I wonder how long after it goes live some shining wit will post the Karma Sutra.

The new Books section has been added to the Off Topic site Social Australia so you can see what it is like and I am sure it will be a great asset to Recreational Flying with all the different Aviation books out there. Thanks @FlyingVizsla for the suggestion, greatly appreciated

1.thumb.jpg.97ad7d741339d40cb961229cd8a995aa.jpg

Also note that if you can purchase the book from Amazon Books then a Buy This Book link appears. If you do choose to buy the book, the site gets a very small commission which helps to pay site costs...a win win...enjoy

• Like 1
  • Informative 1