RAAus Certificate exams.

In the process of obtaining your pilot certificate, pre solo and radio exams are e done before first solo. Air legislation BAK and human factors are completed during training. To support the process outside the formal training schools are practice exams available for all subjects and where would I get some. Can exams be sat outside a school. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/11/2020 at 6:12 PM, waraton said:

To support the process outside the formal training schools are practice exams available for all subjects and where would I get some. Can exams be sat outside a school

I'm unaware of any such publication as a set of ''practice' exams for RAAus. Perhaps there are some such questions at the end of the chapter in the Bob Tait series but I don't have a current set of them to check. Why don't you ask him?  I'm sure there are none, or at best a few, in the Jim Davis PPL book. 

These early days ín-house' exams are not particularly onerous, and provided you keep your ears open, you'll pickup on stuff during your early flights which will strengthen your book learning.  Ask your instructor to read out a couple of questions and see if you understand what is being sought.  Many students freakout at the sight of multiple choice questions, but if you stay calm and read the question very carefully - then usually the wrong/stupid/impossible answers stand out.

Exams must be sat under flying school supervision.

Good luck.

13 minutes ago, poteroo said:

.......multiple choice questions, but if you stay calm and read the question very carefully - then usually the wrong/stupid/impossible answers stand out.

Sometimes it easier to pick out the wrong answers leaving the answer "that must be right"....lol.

IMO

The RA exam question bank is fully of ambiguous answers. IE two answers are correct but the system is only going to accept one of them.

A bit of luck plays into this. 

I decided early on that I would just not care about those  'bad' question-answer sets and just ensure I got all the others right, so I could just blow a few off and not worry.

I use both BT and PPE. 

BT has online forum which is ok, but found PPE Facebook group more responsive.

So far so good.

Regarding exams, aspeq.com is testing provider for Casa where you can do exams outside of school, but not sure about RAA process.