concrete floor pressure KingAir 350 ?

RFguy

On 10/09/2021 at 4:19 PM, facthunter said:

…Don't just dismiss the hotmix. Concrete is a lot of money. 

The slab could cost as much as the rest of the hangar!

Regarding joint lines in concrete slabs: good idea to make sure they’re in the right place, because some pilots use them as aiming points when taxiing into the hangar.

After smashing a club-mate’s wingtip strobe, I painted white guidelines on the floor and extending outside onto the apron, to make it easy to line up wide aeroplanes.

Our neighbour has built a new hangar to accommodate three Air Tractors; it’s wide, but not deep, so no aircraft has to be moved to get another one out (which is the problem with our club’s building).

We added bi-fold doors. They might be cheaper, but are a menace in any sort of breeze.

Question re: hangar doors.  Wouldn't it make sense to use a hell of a lot of hinges and build extremely big concertina doors?  Tall but narrow, running in tracks top and bottom.  Thinking maybe 1 - 1.5m wide, hinged to the next one.  Shouldn't be an issue with wind, pretty strong because of the track connections every panel, allows pretty much full width opening apart from the combined thickness of the panels, can be built from whatever you can get cheaply.

Downsides would be hard to seal especially top and bottom (maybe a rubber flap fixed to the frame), and the cost of the track hardware - although you could design/manufacture that yourself.

• Like 2

It is a good idea to limit door size. that is what decides if it is too windy to fly for me. If I cannot control the doors I can't fly, even though the plane would be able to handle the wind.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The traditional set up is heavy overlapping sliders that leave the entire opening available and hang on wheels at the top in a "U" section with a slot guide at the bottom sitting in concrete.. The supports are adjustable to allow for wear and readjustment.  When closed up there's a pin to each overlap and a padlock for the last one. That gives you a bit of security.. Are you putting power to it?  Nev