Accident Proneness Test

Guest Macnoz

The tendency towards accident proneness is a function of behavioral, attitudinal and personality factors, among others.

This tests and summary result are free and just reflecting on the questions and the first thought that comes into your head is refreshing.

Truth is I am only posting it here to get away from that stupid video link again again again again.

Psychology Today: Self Tests

I don't think I'll post my score, but just what does that percentage mean? 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif 040_nerd.gif.818f42a429bd433d10428d88b6b4d49f.gif It is just one score of many (the only one divulged without payment) and I think it might be that the higher the score, the lower the chance of you stuffing up big time! Any comments? 113_im_with_stupid.gif.c7998083611453eb404ccd147fef8c5f.gif

I also got 83%, but that was a bit of a fluke. Firstly I have been retired for several years, so a lot of it was irrelevant. Secondly I worked for years in what was perceived to be a dangerous job, but was actually quite safe. Thirdly I have seen some ridiculous things done by safety experts, so I never trust their rules or advice. That way I have lived a safe life so far.

Guest pelorus32

Well for what it's worth I was straight down the line and I scored 98%...

That's even counting the serious accidents that I included.

Maybe that accident is the reason I scored so highly. As a kid I rolled a tractor and was very nearly killed. I was also seriously injured on a drilling rig by a good mate. That mate had a very serious car accident a couple of weeks later and I had to help cut his body from the wreckage.

It all adds up to a feeling of mortality and of care I suppose

Nice find Macnoz.

Regards

Mike

Who'd a thunk?

Snapshot Report

Attitudes towards safety 69

You seem to have a good attitude when it comes to following rules and laws that are in place for the express purpose of keeping people safe. You would probably tell a supervisor if you witnessed unsafe behavior, but may also try to deal with the problem yourself by speaking directly to the offender. You likely feel that accidents tend to be due to careless behavior of the employees rather than because of the employer or unforeseen circumstances. Scoring in this range means your attitude towards safety varies depending on the situation, but you tend to be cautious rather than laissez-faire. People's attitudes are usually expressed in their behavior, so these results indicate that you are likely someone who generally respects safety rules and regulations.

I only got 67% but it seems to evaluate me accurately.

I have to deal with large numbers freelance people regularily on a job in a semi unsafe enviroment.

To me its all in the balance of what is sensible & what is OH&S nonsense

"You seem to have a good attitude when it comes to following rules and laws that are in place for the express purpose of keeping people safe. You would probably tell a supervisor if you witnessed unsafe behavior, but may also try to deal with the problem yourself by speaking directly to the offender. You likely feel that accidents tend to be due to careless behavior of the employees rather than because of the employer or unforeseen circumstances. Scoring in this range means your attitude towards safety varies depending on the situation, but you tend to be cautious rather than laissez-faire. People's attitudes are usually expressed in their behavior, so these results indicate that you are likely someone who generally respects safety rules and regulations."

Cheers

H

71%.018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif I'm not sure exactly if you got either 100% or 50% what type of personality you have. I think most in this forum woul be thoughtful risk takers. ie they evaluate risk and manage it.

• 4 weeks later...