Zenith CH-701 thread

eightyknots

Hi Geoff

And a happy new year to you and family we stayed at home and went to bed at 10, have the flu not getting any better, only drew plans to scale on a big sheet of cardboard for a engine mount. Cheers Phil

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Phil

Have you got over your flu yet ,l was set up to paint everything to today but to hot .

Haven't found any engines for you yet still wait for Danny in German to get back to me.

cheers Geoff.

Hi Geoff

Coming good, have not touched the 701 for a few days but will have a go tommorow. Went to the airport to see how the cattle going in the heat this arvo herd there was a fire in the area had a talk to a few DSE boys i now on standby with in half an hour there was 6 fixed wing water bombers and 6 helicopters plus suport planes all working out of the airport so i ended up refueling till we ran out of fuel got home at 9.30 heading back in morning. I hope its a better day for painting tommorow for you Cheers Phil

Hi GeoffDoes not come with a radiator, oil tank and gauges .Wife said buy a new one, have you herd of a Simonini engines? Cheers Phil

Hi Phil

No l haven't heard of the Simonini engines l goggled them they are dearer that 582 .

If the wife says buy a new one then BUY BUY before she changes her mind.

The price of the 582 with the e type box it a good deal you can get cheaper rads than the price they are asking, l should be able to dig up a oil tank for you from German if that's the way you are going.

l picked up the new horse today for the wife so she is happy now , l can spend thousands on my planes again.

cheers Geoff.

Hi Geoff

I have a Clydey in the paddock your wife can ride if you ever come down this way Think you mite be right buy buy $170 for a oil tank did not get a price on the radiator you need to order that new windscreen cheers Phil

Hi Phil

Yes l have to get some 1.6 mm lexan for the screen and l am going to replace the windows on the doors also.

Still haven't painted yet cant win its either to hot and today its 18 deg to cold .

Do you have a tap on the floor for your fuel if so what type is it l am going to start run the aluminum fuel line under the fus to the fire wall and make a cap to cover it from stones .

How much do you have to do to finish off apart from the motor installation.

cheers Geoff.

Hi Geoff

The tap i have is just a brass tap from local engineers shop but very heavy still looking around, have a hole in the floor for the tap just on the passenger side .I have to rewire the dash new control cables, wings i have to a have look inside see if they have been built up to scratch will not put the slats on yet just vgs instead bleed brakes then engine and cowls. Had a play with my mates rotax bed mount tonight it will fit my plane do you think the 582 and gear box will fit that mount mite save me abit of time cheers Phil

Hi Phil

You should be able to make a mount to suit the bed mount for the 582 it should sit low enough to have the 582 upright then mount the gear box to match the cowl.

cheers Geoff.

http://api.ning.com/files/ERLACroDwLrJDxHRMk8HpgKR1iakwgNYkus*HBx6LZj0GLJxKNvOsS8GIBQwLGOtw4BqBISDFdcDUuOuE2MshlFbkIDEt*bk/SimoniniV2.png

Hi Phil

how many flap positions does your 701 have mine has three l think they have changed it to two .

could you send a pic of your handle l would like to change mine its a poor design see if yours is different .

cheers Geoff.

Hi Phil

Yes 7.E.1 has the bed mount for the 582 upside down mount.

Primed all the fus today hope to finish with top coat tomorrow .

l have to weld the new wing strut attachments also, l forgot l had to make them l am putting savannah struts on instead of the chromoly pipe.

cheers Geoff.

Hi EK

Thank you and a happy new to you and hope you have a great 2013. l hope you start a building project in the future Zenith 701 would be a good one for you, l hope to finish my project in a couple of months l have finished all the upgrades and in the process of paint parts then assembly starts all the fiddly bits what takes up a lot of time .

cheers Geoff.

Hi Ek

Thanks you Ek and i hpoe you have a good year as well i, If i can decide what engine i will put in my plane i hope it will be flying this half of the year and will reserve a seat for you any time you are over this way cheers Phil

Hi Phil

Top coat tomorrow all set up ready to go made my spray booth, first thing in the morning before it gets to hot it will be painted ,would of been today had to make the brackets to hold the oil tank in the right position and pop rivet the wind screen attachments mine is a bit different to yours l don't have rubber seal at the bottom of the screen.

l will take a pic of it to show the changes .

cheers Geoff.

Hi Phil

Thanks the paint job isn't as good as l would like, using gloss two pack it shows up all the imperfection in the aluminum dents scratches from the past use, at least it is better than it was when l bought it.

l still have my shopping list to get Lexan, Prop ,tyres ,brakes.Seats.

So you are going for the new motor you may have to modify your cowling.

cheers Geoff.