Passenger Endorsement ?????????

Guest Stixy

I have done more than the required amount of hours in my own aircraft.

Do I have to do a check ride with an Instructor or do I just send in a copy of my logbook to RAA to get my Endo added to my card?

I ask this because I dont have any RAA Instructors within a 2hr drive from my town.

I cant fly my aircraft to the nearest RAA facility as I still havent got my X Endo.

Im pretty much stuck in my 25nm restricted area for now.

I had a passenger carrying Endo when I did my GA training years ago, but that is not current now.

Thanks

Stix.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a GA licence when I joined RAAus and started recreational flying. My passenger endorsement, radio and cross country were given to me with no further training.

If you had a GA licence years ago you will probably still have one, you only need to get it re activated, contact CASA, do a flight review and have a medical.

Guest davidh10

If not relying on your GA license, then you would need to do a check ride with an instructor, who will pretend to be an uninformed passenger and exhibit all the errant behaviour that you are likely to encounter.

In that case you would have to treat the instructor as a passenger right from the moment of starting the test, including briefing about not wandering onto the taxiway and touching other aircraft or walking near props.

It makes you feel a little silly, telling the CFI how to get into the aircraft and checking their harness, headset etc... :) but you have to demonstrate how you deal with real passengers.

Guest Dick Gower

Once you have a GA licence you always have it (asuming you have not had lost it due to some illegality).

It is only the medical, the AFR and the three landings in the last 90 days that expire.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Yeah I thought that my Pax Endo would just convert across, (after the minimum 2hrs solo in an aircraft of the type that i would be flying in) seeing that I have already carried pax in my 80hrs of GA time, on many occassions.

I dont wat to keep my GA current as I have no need for it now.

I will contact RA Aus today. I dont have a CFI anywhere near me, so it just makes it a bit hard get signed off on this??

Stix

Private licence qualifications/ enfdorsements

If ever your licence goes to CASA they probably write "permanently valid" on it. To have it current (to be able to exercise the privileges of your licence), you have to do as Dick says.

If you contact RAAus office to verify this, I am sure that sending copies of the relevant pages of your log book and licence and a covering statement, will suffice as evidence of your qualifications, to transfer them to your RAAus files.

As a general principle, you don't have to duplicate training from GA to RAAus. Nev.

Just advising everyone that replied to my query.

I have now got my Pax Endorsement validated. Thanks Janelle at RA-Aus.

I sent in all of the relevent paperwork from my GA days. GFPT, all Current logbook records etc and they have converted my GA passenger Endorsement over.

I thought this should be the case, but you never know sometimes. Now I am ready to take my first willing passenger!!! Please step forward LOL!!

Thanks again.

Stixy

Guest Maj Millard

Is common sense slowly creeping into our regulatory system, where it was not evident before ?.

Of course if you have qualified for, and held a GA license in the past (any country) you have demonstrated that you have the abilities, and training, to do the same in RAA aircraft..

Not forgetting that you do need the conversion over to UL type aircraft due to their low-inertia qualities, and slow landing speeds, plus obtaining the appropriate UL endorsements as required, as our friend Stixy has done..............................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 5 years later...

I am due to give my Flying Test for RAA sometime next month, and have completed my 5 hours of solo including a couple of area solos. My understanding is that one needs to complete 10 hours of solo before he can get a Passenger Endorsements Please could someone advise me if I need the 10 hours solo prior to my flying test or 5 hours pre-test and remaining 5 hours post-test after getting my RAA pilot certificate or full 10 hours only after completing the flying test? Thanks 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

I am due to give my Flying Test for RAA sometime next month, and have completed my 5 hours of solo including a couple of area solos. My understanding is that one needs to complete 10 hours of solo before he can get a Passenger Endorsements Please could someone advise me if I need the 10 hours solo prior to my flying test or 5 hours pre-test and remaining 5 hours post-test after getting my RAA pilot certificate or full 10 hours only after completing the flying test? Thanks 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

I guess the question (apart from the legalities) do you think your standard of flying is suitable to take a pax - I would suggest that consolidation of what you have been taught might be worthwhile. Don't be in a hurry, plenty of time in the future (pax have a habit of continual questions, be happy first IMO without distractions)

• Agree 2

I thought so...but my instructor seems to think otherwise. He says RAA insists on 5 hrs pre and 5 hrs post test. Hence the doubt.

My father-in-law is visiting me for a month in Australia and I wanted to take him up with me before he leaves by end of next month...good_vs_evil.gif.3bae94f4ff210f03cc4bea87587f9a84.gif

I have some 55+ hrs dual over a 3 year period from England in addition to half a dozen lessons in a Cessna 152, hence I feel I will be pretty alright after 10hrs solo.

You need 5 hrs solo minimum to get your certificate. If you do the minimum you need another 5 hrs (minimum). If you do 8 hrs solo before your certificate you need at least another two. Note Franks post above though. Not everyone is ready after 10 hours. The ops manual is clear. 10 hours in total (minimum). See below.

PASSENGER CARRYING ENDORSEMENT (PAX)

10. An applicant for the issue of a Passenger Endorsement must:

(a) for Group A and B aeroplanes;

(i) have logged a minimum of 10 hours flight time as pilot in command of an aeroplane;

• Informative 1

But do not forget that in addition to the hours ..

© pass a flight check with an RA-Aus Examiner

If he/she does not think you are competent to fly with pax then they will not pass you

• Like 1

But do not forget that in addition to the hours ..© pass a flight check with an RA-Aus Examiner

Best way is to get your 10 hours up before the flight test - that way you not only have a bit more experience before fronting up for the test, but the examiner does the pax flight check at the same time.

At least, that's the way I did it, and the way recommended at our school.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The only down side there is that at most schools you are paying student (supervised solo) rates.

Once you get your PC you can hire at a lower rate to do the extra solo time.

• Agree 1

My school charges a fixed rate for solo/ dual/ hire at $150/hr wet. Hence its a non issue in my case.

That sounds extremely economical to me, good for you. No incentive for you to ever own a plane then.

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it take to get your Pilot Certificate from RA Aus after you pass your flying test?

Can you fly independently or take passengers once you pass your test and while awaiting your Pilot Certificate?