Any Site Problems...Site Support

Admin

Also, @FlyingVizsla I just logged in as you and was able to assign a "like" to a post:

3.thumb.jpg.ce923b55af6edbd2c08cb41619d4b574.jpg

I wonder whether these issues are spasmodic due to connection etc...please let me know if the problem still exists and if it happens again...thanks

OK. I'm back in again, for now anyway. Here's a summary of what has happened today.

I don't log out when I switch off, so I am usually logged in when I power up. This morning I was logged off and the log in or register page was displayed.

1. I entered my user ID and password, and was advised that my password was wrong. The input boxes were cleared so I re-entered and clicked log on. The input boxes cleared but I was not logged in.

2. I pressed the Login button at the top of the left menu and got the Oops we have a problem message. Cancelled that and entered details in the main login page and got Page cannot be found. Noticed the the What's New and login page URLs concatenated in the address bar.

3. Cleared the address bar, entered login details in the main login page which was displayed; Login boxes cleared, but I was not logged in. Gave up and went and did somethging else.

When I came back, I went to the What's New page without logging in. Saw you had posted 5 minutes earlier, so clicked on Home. Voila- I am logged in.

What can I say?

• Informative 1

When I clicked on the notification (little bell, LHS between mail & search) - it was a 1 - your reply to my post. I got this:

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

When I tried to Like your post I got:

Oops! We ran into some problems.

The requested page could not be found.

I will try logging out, doing a restart and trying again.

Closed the browser (couldn't find where to log out of RF) and did a restart on my Win10 tablet and restart of Firefox (not restore), and opened RF/new. We are on satellite NBN and this has dropped out 3 times in the last hour due to rain and overcast.

Same error messages......

Tried to insert an emoji and got this:

Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

FV, to log out, click on the small avatar at the top of the left menu. Log out is the bottom item on that menu.

I clicked on it and I get:

Wondering if I should delete all history etc?

I still can't find where to disable cookies...and at the bottom of the page I have R/Fling would like my permission to enable push notifications ??? what's that all about ?

Other forums I belong too have disable cookies at the bottom of their page .

Still get the "OPPS" thingy .

Bernie .

Help! I'm trying to post on the Classified, and I'm not allowed to attach photos. File size 453 kb. Logged in. Message says "you do not have permission to perform this action"

How can I post one (or more?) photos on my ad?

Help! I'm trying to post on the Classified, and I'm not allowed to attach photos. File size 453 kb. Logged in. Message says "you do not have permission to perform this action"

How can I post one (or more?) photos on my ad?

You should be able to, can you delete your Recreational Flying cookies in your browser options and try again and let me know...thanks

Anyone receiving an error that says:

Please to enable me to assist you, can you help by pressing F12 on your keyboard and then select the Console tab in the window that appears across the bottom.

There should be an error message there, and then let me know what the error message says...thanks this will help immensely

Ampersands appear as &AMP when posting in earlier threads for some odd reason. Funny it has in a new thread as well. See RV Ownership costs post 6

Edited by kgwilson

Ampersands appear as &AMP for some odd reason. eg & & &

They would be posts that were added whilst using the IPS software which treats text differently. When I get time down the track I will try and clean those things up. Thanks for letting me know

Hi Ian,

Making me log in again each time... and getting the "oops" when trying to click "What's new".

Tried to both paste the screen dump, and attach it, and each time it tells me I don't have permission to do this action!!

Thanks, Marty

The inexplicable curiosities of this site continue.

I have not been on the site (or any other) for two days, as I have been in hospital (nothing serious - a little over-exertion in the garden left me breathless). I had not logged off, and when I fired up, the page was open and I was logged in from my last session. (Brave browser returns you to where you left off.) I opened another site in this tab then opened this site again. I was logged out and the home page was displayed, despite having the Stay logged in box checked. I clicked the log in button, entered my user name and password and clicked log in. The home page was displayed again, but I was not logged in -no avatar at the top of the menu. Clicked on Home in the left hand menu, and my avatar appeared at the top of the menu.

Anyone receiving an error that says:

Please to enable me to assist you, can you help by pressing F12 on your keyboard and then select the Console tab in the window that appears across the bottom.

There should be an error message there, and then let me know what the error message says...thanks this will help immensely

Notifications: This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. page-12

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8" />

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, viewport-fit=cover">

<title>Recreational Flying</title>

<meta property="og:site_name" content="Recreational Flying" />

<meta property="og:type" content="website" />

<meta property="og:title" content="Recreational Flying" />

<meta property="twitter:title" content="Recreational Flying" />

<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.recreationalflying.com/account/alerts-popup?_xfRequestUri=/threads/any-site-problems-site-support.11944/page-12&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=<removed>

PHP: <!DOCTYPE html>

<html id="XF" lang="en-US" dir="LTR"

data-app="public"

data-template="account_alerts_popup"

data-container-key=""

data-content-key=""

data-logged-in="true"

data-cookie-prefix="xf_"

data-csrf="1581716984,0097a00c7a01c606f77a4b09dee79808"

class="has-no-js template-account_alerts_popup"

>

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8" />

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, viewport-fit=cover">

<title>Recreational Flying</title>

<meta property="og:site_name" content="Recreational Flying" />

<meta property="og:type" content="website" />

<meta property="og:title" content="Recreational Flying" />

<meta property="twitter:title" content="Recreational Flying" />

<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.recreationalflying.com/account/visitor-menu?_xfRequestUri=/threads/any-site-problems-site-support.11944/page-12&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=<removed>

Edited by Admin

With reference to FlyingVizsla post above , how come the “ blue highlighted text “ when clicked on takes me to my personal site settings . That can’t be right surely ? .

Dave C

Dave, that link takes you to the profile of the person viewing it. Therefore when I click on it, it takes me to my profile. The link is generic, substituting the viewers ID as required.

Peter . Thanks for that , I was a bit confused that's all .

Dave C

Dave, that link takes you to the profile of the person viewing it. Therefore when I click on it, it takes me to my profile. The link is generic, substituting the viewers ID as required.

I think I may have found a major reason for errors when trying to login, it was like looking for a nheedle in a haystack, and I found the needle...doh, stupid me, the needle was a " a simple extra quotation mark in a line of code within the code of the Welcome message. I have no idea how it got there but please, let me know if that has fixed the login issue...thanks

I WILL get there

Ian, I am sorry to advise that there still appears to be a problem.

When I switch on my laptop and select Recfly, I get the welcome page inviting me to log in or register. I click on the Home button in the the left menu, my avatar appears, and the Forums page is displayed. No need to enter login details. I have selected Stay Logged In.

Ian, I am sorry to advise that there still appears to be a problem.

When I switch on my laptop and select Recfly, I get the welcome page inviting me to log in or register. I click on the Home button in the the left menu, my avatar appears, and the Forums page is displayed. No need to enter login details. I have selected Stay Logged In.

Have you cleared the Recreational Flying cookies