Missing RAA magazine

Guest ozzie

No couple of weeks late but i think someone said that the next issue would be. should be a doozey tho.

When I asked at the newsagents weeks ago they said it would be in on the 27th. Aprils got in on the 29th. They should just mark it as Junes issue so it's early.

With the change in publisher and the delay in finalising the change (due to NatFly?) I understand there will not be a May issue. There was talk of catching up at Xmas (seperate Dec/Jan issues)

The delay according to the editor to be was in the (un)timely confirmation that he had the job.

The delay according to some RAA staff I spoke to was that the RAA Board directed that it was to change while the RAA staff were up to their a... in alligators with NatFly.

If it was not due to NatFly pressure then some one, or group of people, stuffed up.

Readers can make their own opinion up on why, or how, it happened, but I think you will find out what I said is correct about the May edition.

Guest davidh10

In the past I've never received mine until the last few days of the month. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Guest SAJabiruflyer

My biggest trouble is, i'm a speed reader, so the Mag usually gets done and dusted in a coupla hours at nite. Then the waiting period for the next one begins! 109_groan.gif.66f71fc85b2fabe1695703d67c904c24.gif

Hi to you all,Just wondering if anyone has received their RAA mag this month.

Pete

Today is the 26th May, still no magazine. Unless I am badly informed and there is a difficulty somewhere, the non-arrival of the May edition shows inept management and a disregard for the members who are the customers. This is the latest period in a month that I have not received our magazine.

Please let us have some answers, not excuses.

Today is the 26th May, still no magazine. Unless I am badly informed and there is a difficulty somewhere, the non-arrival of the May edition shows inept management and a disregard for the members who are the customers. This is the latest period in a month that I have not received our magazine.Please let us have some answers, not excuses.

Galpin, you should stay tuned to this site for regular news as it comes to hand bit by bit. We're all waiting

mmm Ozzie 132 pages of joy! Thanks!

Yes, but mostly fat (adverts) and very little meat (content) unfortunately. I'm not so sure that I'll even miss this months mag, and I'm certainly not going to worry about the lost $6 or whatever. If you really want to complain about the mag, please start with content. My 2c's worth.

Yes, but mostly fat (adverts) and very little meat (content) unfortunately.

True Doug...but remember the fat is what pays for the meat and enables us to consume it for free. I usually click on a few adverts here and there just to make sure a free online magazine gets some revenue and keeps it free for us to read.

I've just spent the morning going through the EAA magazine and I thought it professional, relevant, and to have good content. It's long as there are adverts, but they serve a purpose, and don't seem to come at the cost of content. Our RAA magazine seems to be amateurish by comparison. And the fact it isn't turning up one month isn't really acceptable, as we do pay for it. However we may have a very small membership by comparison to the Americans.

To be fair though, content is also up to us. We can contribute to the magazine, and if we don't contribute we can't really complain too much, as where else is the content coming from?

But I really hope the next one has an applogy and something special about it to make up for it being missing. If someone doesn't deliver your daily subscribed newspaper you would probably complain more than people are about our magazine. Ryan.

FWIW, I'd like to see more construction articles of anything other than Plastic Fantastic s. It's a pity we don't have the following or dedication to new designs that they have in America. Now sing with me "Where have all the dreamers gone......?"

Tell you what, anybody living NEAR Adelaide that has a Thruster, Drifter or any other "Different" aircraft, get in touch with me, take me for a flight and I'll write the story to let other live the experience. Same goes for anyone building their own design but is too shy to put pen to paper.

Although I don't have 2 cent's to rub together, I've gone back to my EagleRay design and am knocking up a chuck glider to prove or disprove the airfoil (it looks a bit too flat at the moment) and if it looks like it will work, I'll make an electric powered, R/C scale model. If that's a goer, I'll sell the wife to get materials for the real thing.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

As an aside, I was in my doctors waiting room yesterday (wifie's got Shingles + contact dermatitis from a skin cream.....go figure!) and a very tall boy came in wearing his school uniform. I struck up conversation with him and asked what he want to do when he left school. "Pilot", he said. I shook his hand and introduced myself. Turns out he was/is just 17 and has already got his RAA license from AdelaideBiplanes and flies a Sportstar. Would you believe, he's never heard of this site. Hopefully he remembers the name and site address today. He wants to do aeros so has to start looking at a full PPL and then go Commercial. God I how I wish I had known then (aged 17) what I know now. I'd have kept my dick in my pants, stayed single and started flying a hell of a lot sooner. Somewhat like Tomo really (keep it in your pants mate, keep it in your pants). I might even have saved enough money by now to pay for my dream.

Oh well, back to the subject and over to you.

• Like 1

3rd of june and i have no mag !! and i must say for 3 or 4 months befor temora all we get in the mag is temora,temora , temora i would rather articals than pages full of whats going on at temora !!! and how brilliant its going to be most people would ahve made there minds up they are going what ever is there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> its just my opinion !!